You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 5: Regular Poster
strange_too

iPhone 4 - Micro-Sim

Got my new iPhone4 through today with that stupid idea that is the micro sim. I've gone to the ..../microsimsupport bit & put my sim details in etc. Had the confirmation email, but the we'll get back to you in 24 hours bit didn't feel me with great joy.

How long am I likely to wait to get the old sim turn off & switched to the new sim?
Message 1 of 5 (4,438 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
Jon.murcia

iPhone 4 - Micro-Sim

Got my new iPhone4 through today with that stupid idea that is the micro sim. I've gone to the ..../microsimsupport bit & put my sim details in etc. Had the confirmation email, but the we'll get back to you in 24 hours bit didn't feel me with great joy.

How long am I likely to wait to get the old sim turn off & switched to the new sim?

Hi,
I had the same problem. Phoned customer services (phone number 191) and told them I had already registered online for the swap, the advisor had it swapped within a minute :)
Message 2 of 5 (4,438 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
CarlJ

iPhone 4 - Micro-Sim

Problem: if you did it online or anything like that (the ordering of the iphone) the advisor may just tell you to wait or take the sim instore and get it activated / ask for a new sim
Using a BB9800 but I miss my nokia 6820 :smileysad:

Message 3 of 5 (4,438 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

iPhone 4 - Micro-Sim

Hey Guys,

Once you have filled in the online form it should be activated within 24 hours of you receiving the confirmation email.

Once this time has passed if you are still having issues i would advise either giving us a quick call or popping into your local Vodafone store who will be able ot look into this further and issue you with a new Micro SIM if needed.

James
eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 4 of 5 (4,438 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
ahmedali

iPhone 4 - Micro-Sim

Let me just point something out.
If your MicroSIM swap was not completed after registering it online on: http://help.vodafone.co.uk/system/web/custom/iphone4.jsp
don't really bother calling 191 for activation, coz they won't be doing it for you if the MicroSIM was received through an Online Order or through the store - for security reasons.

They'd activate it for you on one condition, the MicroSIM was ordered for you over the phone.

To know what order you have:
- If you received the iPhone through ParecelForce courier, then its an Online Order fulfillment.
- If you received the iPhone through DPD courier, then its an over the phone Order fulfillment.

Your best option at that point is to pop into a Vodafone store and get it activated there.
Message 5 of 5 (4,438 Views)