Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 4 - music sync issue with iTunes

suexjs
Not applicable
hi, my iphone 4 wont sync music from itunes. it does everything else but music. this was a main reason i got an iphone so i didnt have to carry a seperate ipod. if i cure this the phone will have to be returned.any ideas...
7 REPLIES 7

rob.dawley
Not applicable
I have the same issue - will post solution if I work it out

KiiNG
4: Newbie
Best thing to do is to create a playlist with ur music and then sync the playlists.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mine didn't have any problem at all syncing all the music I have on my iPod. You need to make sure that when your iPhone is connected to iTunes you have it set to sync either all the music, or the artists/genres that you want to put on the phone. Other than that, I'm not sure why it wouldn't be syncing your music.

davidlove
4: Newbie

hi, my iphone 4 wont sync music from itunes. it does everything else but music. this was a main reason i got an iphone so i didnt have to carry a seperate ipod. if i cure this the phone will have to be returned.any ideas...

I had a similar problem syncing photos. Try rebooting the handset - it might go away.

Retired-BenJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Guys.

If your having a syncing issue, could you share a little more information like error messages steps taken to try and sync music?

Has any one had a look at Apples support pages for this issue.

I manually sync my music with my iPhone 3gs (sadly not an iphone4) which is slightly different from syncing.

I have installed the latest version of iTunes (9.2)

In iTunes under Devices you should see your iPhone listed there, click on the name
Under the options menu, I have ticked Manually manager music and video, I have removed the tick next to Sync only ticked songs and video.

I then select either from my itunes library and drag and drop, or in windows explorer, I select the folder which my music is in and then drag it to my iPhone device to sync the music across, down side of this is that it usually misses artwork (unless the music file has already been in iTunes then I manually add the artwork to it.

Try this and let me know .

Thanks
BenJ
eForum Team

rob.dawley
Not applicable
Finally got it to work! I did the following:

Reinstall itunes - nope
Restore iphone from backup - nope
Select then Deselect "Include voice memos" - received error message that would not sync as not all music would fit on iphone - getting warmer
Deselect "Automatically fill free space with songs", ensure at least 1 playlist and artist selected - now syncing quite happily

Posting in case it helps anyone else

Cheers,
Rob.

I've found a guide about syncing music to iPhone.