You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest

iPhone 4, terrible customer service.

I have decided to resort to using the forum rather than directly connecting to the vodafone members in the shop and over the phone. Around 4 month ago my mum decided to treat me to an early christmas present, and buy me the iPhone 4 using her 50% staff discount that was temporarily availible. 

So we went to the vodafone shop, which, unfortunatly, was on a Sunday. We asked the man would it matter regarding the Argos staff discount if it would matter who's bank account it was set up in, due to it being a Sunday, my mum couldnt get her details from the bank, but because I already had a vodafone account he said it would be easier this way, and we could still do everything fine.

He signed us up to an 8gb iPhone 4 at £36 a month, with 2gb BT openzone wifi (?) as well as the usual, I would have considered shopping around because I had no need for the wifi, and the GB on the phone is quite low to other possible models but we were going to get a 50% discount so why not.

The other factor in this is that this specific offer was on until the end of october, so instead of waiting for my blackberry contract to run out (jan 2012 or so) it seemed like a great idea at the time to have two contracts until january, after all, we were getting a big discount and would pay off the extra contract with the discount money for a while.

Unfortunately, we spent around a month and a half going back and forth between shop and phone line, with both of them referring us to go to the other, until after 4~ emails we were eventually told that because the bank account isnt in the same name we couldnt get the discount, but we could get a 20% discount instead. 

We eventually managed to sort out the 20% discount after paying quite a lot for two seperate, full price contracts.

I just wonder what to do for future problems, considering I had problems last time with my blackberry, after ringing up to have my sim only contract changed for a blackberry contract (bought my own blackberry online) which ended up causing £80 phone bills because the internet wasn't included in the package.

I'm also wondering when my  blackberry contract is set to expire, I was told january but is it set for auto renewal? 

I am not sure if I will use vodafone in future, after recieving two seperate bad experiences of customer service, and having to spend so much of my personal time to fix problems that shouldnt exist. though i'm sure the forum team are a lot more helpful. :smileyhappy:

Message 1 of 2 (3,633 Views)
Wayne
Topics: 58
Solutions: 153

Re: iPhone 4, terrible customer service.

Hi Kaizen and welcome to the eForum

Thanks for your post here. I’m sorry to hear of the problems that you are having with this.

I’ll send you an email over to the email address that you registered with so that we can take a closer look at this for you. Simply hit reply and fill in all of the information it asks for and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks

Wayne

Message 2 of 2 (3,580 Views)
iPhone 6