Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 4S bought from Carphone Warehouse - need to unlock

pauljhart
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I have an iPhone 4S that I brought from Carphone Warehouse that I need to unlock from Vodafone. It was being used by my wife.  I have an IMEI number, proof of purchase from Carphone Warehouse (showing the IMEI) and the SIM number.

How do I go about getting it unlocked.  The IMEI wont be registered against my wifes account as it was a replacement phone we brought when her original stopped working.

I have gone through the process of using the unlocking form but received the message back that the details dont match which I assume is because its a replacement phone.  

Both of us have been Vodafone customers for a number of years.

Thanks

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

You need to ask CPW to update Vodafone with the IMEI of your phone so that it appears in your account.

This from the Vodafone unlocking procedure:

We’re only able to request handset unlocks for phones that have been sold by Vodafone UK or if we've received the new IMEI details from the third party.

View solution in original position

1 REPLY 1

kids

You need to ask CPW to update Vodafone with the IMEI of your phone so that it appears in your account.

This from the Vodafone unlocking procedure:

We’re only able to request handset unlocks for phones that have been sold by Vodafone UK or if we've received the new IMEI details from the third party.