Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 4s Contract - No Service - No Number

butterchurch
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So I ordered an iPhone 4s off the Carphonewarehouse website 2 days ago and recieved my iPhone today. I read the instructions to do with the SIM and it simply told me to insert the SIM and it should be fine.

I've inserted the SIM and it just tells me I have no service, I've tried turning the phone on and off, taking the SIM out and even asked a friend who used to work for Vodafone. 

Secondly I then tried to speak to the 24/7 Livechat but needed my mobile number, I went into the settings to have a look for this number and it's says "Unknown" and doesn't display one.

I'm not too happy about this considering in the booklet for my SIM it says that I don't have to do anything it should activate immediately and I'll be able to use it.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

It sounds like Vodafone have no record of your mobile phone number so I'd recommend that you get in touch with Carphone Warehouse and find out from them if they have actually sent Vodafone the details of your account.  Vodafone cannot set up an account for you until they get the details from Carphone Warehouse

PWIAC

View solution in original position

1 REPLY 1

drey_p

It sounds like Vodafone have no record of your mobile phone number so I'd recommend that you get in touch with Carphone Warehouse and find out from them if they have actually sent Vodafone the details of your account.  Vodafone cannot set up an account for you until they get the details from Carphone Warehouse

PWIAC