Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 4s no service

Dolly
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hello,
I just got the new iPhone with vodafone and since yesterday it's been saying no service. It didn't fall or anything. A friend sent a message on my blackberry to say she couldn't reach me and that was how I got to know. Any help please? I have been able to receive calls since yesterday.
24 REPLIES 24

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there skottie,

Many thanks for your posts informing us of the difficulties you've been experiencing with the loss of service.

I've checked and there's no postcode in your profile so I'm unable to check your local serving sites for any reasons for the loss of service.

Please could you either update your profile with your full postcode, or post back here with the full postcode?

Cheers,

Lee

Likewise I am in Edinburgh in the lothians, same no service problems occurring What has happened recently? Please help

Also having the same problem as are my friends and family who are with Vodafone. Also in the Lothians in Edinburgh. Postcode is EH22.

Hi
I noticed recently when going out of a 3G area that I got the no service issue. I also am in Edinburgh.I worked out it was a problem with 2G. I did the following. When i had a good 3G signal Under settings, general, network I switched the 3G off. It then attempted to go to 2g but failed and then no service. With the 3G still off I rebooted the phone and I had 2g signal I then toggled back and forth with the enable 3G and it switched from one to the other no problem. Sorry if this is a different issue but thought it strange that you guys are all in the Edinburgh area. I think it started happening after the latest Apple update.

Lack of response in this is poor to be honest, there's clearly an issue with a lot of people in the area suffering the same even on different phones. I'll be cancelling my direct debit if this keeps up because I ain't paying for no service!

Just reread my post and I didn't make it clear that what I described fixed the issue for me as I have no problem now.

Some sort of reply from Vodafone would be nice here. Raging that this has happened, I need my phone.

I'm also in Edinburgh, same issue as the others.

Turning the phone off and on has worked so far but it's a total pain to be checking every 5 mnutes to make sure.

I took the recent IOS update to 5.1.1 - that was about a week ago. Not sure if this has anything to do with it?

I've already followed the troubleshooting link and I agree it's a bit strange how many Edinburgh folks are having the same problem.

Cmon Vodafone, can't you give us some feedback at least?

Hi Guys,

As you are in EdinburghI would recommend taking a look at this thread here which refers to other users having network issues in the area.

James

I'm also in Edinburgh and have been experiencing the same issue on two iPhone 4s handsets for about a week constantly getting no service and you have to turn it off and on to get it to work again, have spoke to Vodafone on the phone and they said there isn't any faults in my area, from what I've read here I would say there certainly seems to be a fault so I would appreciate it if Vodafone could accept this and start to find a solution!