Support:

Apple

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
tahmidmeah

iPhone 4s unlock request

I have requested a unlock on the 4th April 2012, my reference is 8751924.

Got the following email on that day which said;

Thank you for your mail regarding your Network Unlocking Code. We will endeavour to respond to you within our specified Service Levels below. 
Escalations regarding previous queries will always be given a higher priority and resolved at the earliest opportunity.

Nokia - 2 working days
BlackBerry - 5 working days 
Samsung - 16 working days 
Sony Ericsson - 10 working days
All other brands - 3 working days

Kind Regards
NUC Resolutions Team
Customer Service Support at Stoke 

E-mail: NUCResolutions@vodafone.co.uk 

Vodafone Limited 
Registered Office: Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 2FN Registered in England no. 1471587

Can a moderator please find out when my unlock will be completed as I am still waiting and I need to use my iPhone urgently.

Message 1 of 25 (4,334 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
bertyb

Re: iPhone 4s unlock request

I am sure a Moderator will be able to look at this for you, but you are probably going to need to make allowances for the holiday weekend, 

Message 2 of 25 (4,325 Views)
tahmidmeah

What do you mean by allowances?
Message 3 of 25 (4,315 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
Claustie

I've been waiting 3 1/2 weeks so far for my iPhone 4s to be unlocked - sent my IEMI number 4 times now! 

Don't hold your breath! :-(

Regards

Claustie

Message 4 of 25 (4,277 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
bertyb

Think these will be two different things, waiting 3 and a half weeks is too long and I would contact via email or call to investigate if there has been any issues.

4th April, I would give until Tue / Wed 

Message 5 of 25 (4,274 Views)
Rank 32: Scholar I
kids

tahmidmeah wrote:

I have requested a unlock on the 4th April 2012, my reference is 8751924.

Can a moderator please find out when my unlock will be completed as I am still waiting and I need to use my iPhone urgently.

You need to allow 7 working days for the unlock to process, After that time just connect the phone to iTunes with a non Vodafone UK sim card in it to complete the unlock, whereupon you should see the message in iTunes that you phone in now unlocked..

Message 6 of 25 (4,266 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

[ Edited ]

Hi tahmidmeah

Thank you for your posts and a very warm welcome to the eForum.

I see you have had some great support from our excellent community already and I have emailed our NUC resolutions team to see if I can get an update for you and I will update this thread as soon as I hear anything.

Hi Claustie

I am sorry to hear you have been having difficulties, please can you supply your reference and we can chase this up for you, I can see that you have been in touch with us through our other channels and we hope to have this resolved soon.

Many Thanks

DaveCD 

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 7 of 25 (4,253 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
Claustie

[ Edited ]

Already done it, got someone called Jenny on it now! Lets see if it works this time!!!!

"Hi David,

Thanks for getting back to us with your IMEI number.

I'm pleased to let you know that I've raised a new request today and we'll get back in touch as soon as we have more information.

The reference for this request is 449552.

Best wishes,

Jenny

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK"

Not holding my breath though!!!

Regards

Claustie

Message 8 of 25 (4,244 Views)
tahmidmeah

Hi everyone,

Thank god im not the only one who is waiting, email stated 3 working days but its way beyond that, Im really hoping it does get unlocked tomorrow because I just cant bear using this £10 nokia.

Dave - Thank you so much for contacting the NUC team, I really hope its good news

Message 9 of 25 (4,228 Views)
tahmidmeah

Still no email from them :/ really need my iPhone urgently!!!
Message 10 of 25 (4,175 Views)
kids

tahmidmeah wrote:
Still no email from them :/ really need my iPhone urgently!!!

Generally the unlock procedure takes 7  days to complete, so if you requested in on the 4th you may not have it completed until the 12th.

Have you tried connecting the phone to iTunes with a non vodafone sim card in it to check if it is unlocked?

Message 11 of 25 (4,168 Views)
tahmidmeah

Yes I have but it just says 'insert a compatible sim card' gonna try now
Message 12 of 25 (4,164 Views)
tahmidmeah

Still not unlocked :/
Message 13 of 25 (4,159 Views)
kids

[ Edited ]

Give it a couple more day until the 7 days is up.

It could be with AT&T announcing that they will now unlock as from april 8th iPhones that Apple are a bit overwhelmed with unlocking requests.,

Message 14 of 25 (4,147 Views)
tahmidmeah

What do I do if it doesn't unlock by this week?
Message 15 of 25 (4,131 Views)
kids

tahmidmeah wrote:
What do I do if it doesn't unlock by this week?

Either call Customer Services or post back to these boards so that a Mod can chase it up for you.

Message 16 of 25 (4,126 Views)
tahmidmeah

Well I'll just post anyway...

Can a moderator please check my unlock status, I posted my reference above, just don't know why it is taking so long since it stated 3 days. I just can't wait anymore :/
Message 17 of 25 (4,115 Views)
kids

tahmidmeah wrote:
Well I'll just post anyway...

Can a moderator please check my unlock status, I posted my reference above, just don't know why it is taking so long since it stated 3 days. I just can't wait anymore :/

Once Vodafone have sent the request to Apple it is in Apple's hands and it is their timescale. As stated in many of the posts on these boards it can take up to seven working days to complete and maybe even longer at the moment as there has been the Easter holidays.

Whether you can wait or not is not going to influence Apple :smileysad:

Message 18 of 25 (4,103 Views)
tahmidmeah

Hi everyone,

I did make an unlock request on the 4th April 2012, it still hasn't been done yet so I looked at the form again to see if I entered any information wrong. On the phone details there is a section where I have to put the model which I did put 4s or do I put the serial number of the phone? Or the actual model number, you can find this on settings>general>about and then model number? Please help me because I think I may have put the wrong information which is causing the delay?

Thank you

tahmidmeah

Message 19 of 25 (4,041 Views)
kids

tahmidmeah wrote:

Hi everyone,

I did make an unlock request on the 4th April 2012, it still hasn't been done yet so I looked at the form again to see if I entered any information wrong. On the phone details there is a section where I have to put the model which I did put 4s or do I put the serial number of the phone? Or the actual model number, you can find this on settings>general>about and then model number? Please help me because I think I may have put the wrong information which is causing the delay?

Thank you

tahmidmeah

A touch of Déjà vu.

You enter the model number just as it asks. If it wanted the serial number I'm sure there would be a field for that.

Also as has been said many many many times you need to allow up to seven working days for your request to be processed. There has not been seven working days since 4th April.

Just keep connecting it to iTunes on a daily basis  with a non Vodafone sim card until you see the unlocked message

Message 20 of 25 (4,037 Views)