Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 5 Serial Number incorrect

joeyash
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Good afternoon,

After waiting on hold for around 30 minutes without having a chance to talk to a human, I deceided to try talking with someone 'live' on the website, to no avail.

So now I thought I would try the forums! 

My iPhone 5 is just over a year old (13-14 months old), and the battery is absolutely broken. At the moment I have to charge the phone 2-3 times per day just to keep it on. This is with low to moderate use, at the weekend and when I', in doors I've had to resort to leaving it on charge if I use it for any extended periods of time (btween 30-45 minutes).

I've just spoken to Apple support and have been told that my serial number doesnt match what they have on system, can someone please answer why this has happened? The phone I am using is the same phone that Vodafone supplied to me.

Any information would be much appreciated, as Apply can't help me without this issue being resolved. I would imagine you need some more information which I am more than happy to provide.

Kind regards,

Joe

1 REPLY 1

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi joeyash, 

We can certainly help with this - I'd recommend sending your phone away for repair.  

Alternatively, if it's outside of warranty, contact us here to make sure the details are correct on your account.  

Thanks, 

Phil