Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 5 showing message saying "No SIM Card"

mikebidwell
4: Newbie

I'm having problems with my iPhone5 because occasionally (It happened again tonight) I get a message on screen saying No SIM Card and I lose all service. The only way to clear it is to switch off and then reboot.

Has anyone had a similar problem or has any thoughts on it??

Regards

Mike

9 REPLIES 9

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

It is either a faulty SIM or a faulty handset.  To rule out the handset, I'd recommend getting a new SIM card from your local store.  They will activate it for you whilst you are there.  Until you get a chance to go into a store, take the SIM card out and wipe it down with a dry, clean cloth in case there is any dirt on it causing an issue. 

If the phone still gives the same message with the new SIM it could indicate that the handset is faulty and needs repair.

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi Mike. 

Can you try your Sim Card in another phone as a process of elimination to rule out the phone or sim card that may be at fault. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi there

Just an update, After speaking to Vodafone customer service they told me they would send a new SIM card to me. They suggested I try that and if that didnt solve the problem to visit the local Apple Store.  The next morning I was walikny past our Vodafine store in the local Shopping Centre so I thought Id call in and talk to them about my problem. Whilst I was waiting I checked my phone only to find it showing "No Sim Card" again.

Anyhow the guy immediately loaded a replacement SIM card for me.  After changing it Ive not had any trouble. So fingers crossed its sorted now??

Regards

Mike B

That's awesome Mike. 

Thank you for your update and I'm glad to hear your now sorted. 

Current Phone  >

Just a quick update for information purposes only. In my previous post I said that I'd contacted Vodafone Customer Service who promised they would post out a new SIM card which I could exchange to see if that cured the problem. However before it came my phone stopped working because of it saying No SIM Card,  Fortunately I was near my local Vodafone Store so they made a new SIM Card for me ( note FOC) and within an hour I was back on and touch wood everything seem fine.  The replacement SIM Card did turn up several days later so its still in the envelope.  Today I recieved the Bill for it charging me £2.50 for postage HaHa!!!

Regards 

Test Sim and Phone

Before performing some reset of your network or update your device, perform first this steps pullout the sim clean the gold chip on it insert it back if doesn't fix.
I actually found another solution for this guys...
you can follow Solution No. 1 provided with this website works for me
https://www.errorsolutions.tech/error/iphone-error-no-sim-card/
very informative and has a picture on it easy.

Wendy0809
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
I have having the same trouble & it is getting worse. Happening everyday - what's the quickest way to get a new SIM card??

No Sim error message popping up daily where I loose all services unless on WIFI. Only way to return status is turning phone off. How can I resolve this fast, it's getting worse!

BandOfBrothers

@Wendy0809 wrote:
I have having the same trouble & it is getting worse. Happening everyday - what's the quickest way to get a new SIM card??

If convenient pop into your local Vodafone store with your current phone / SIM card and they'll perform a Sim Swap which moves your number and tariff to a new SIM card. The process usually completed in minutes but can occasionally take 24

hours to complete. 

Current Phone  >