Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 5S Unlocking

LukePlummer
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello! i cant get hold of vodaphone, basically i bought my iphone 5s second hand unlocked but it appears it is not, the seler says he has contacted vodaphone and asked them to unlock the phone, i have gave him the IMEI Number which is (Removed according to House Rules), still after 20 days no luck, im am starting to lose faith :Sad_face: please someone help me! i also put my new tesco sim into the phone and it says SIM NOT VALID and it stil does today, i dosent let me use my phone untill i take it out, tesco says its the seller, but what im confused about is in the settings the carrier appears as tesco but the seller says it is vodaphone and has repeadtly tried to get it unlocked.

Thankyou Luke

Please help me!

2 REPLIES 2

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Hi and welcome to the forums.

If it has been unlocked and the request went through ok, put your tesco sim into the handset, then plug it into iTunes.

If Apple have been informed that the device is to be unlocked, they will push the config settings to the handset this way.

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello Luke

That doesn't sound good.

As you have probably used the forum search facility and been able to find previous threads on the forum giving information of getting an iphone unlocked, you will know that its only the original and first owner who will be able to correspond with Vodafone and get the phone unlocked, there is little that you will be able to do.  

This will be between you and the seller.  There is also the possibility that the seller is not the original and first owner of the phone.

If the phone was sold as unlocked and is not as described, your better option would be to ask for the return of your money and buy from a more reputable source.