Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 5s stuck on GPRS

robasmith123
3: Seeker

Hi,

I have also posted this in the Network Queries section as I'm not sure where it belongs.. sorry!

My new iphone 5s seems to have problems connecting to 3G for more than a minute at a time.

I am in a 3G compatible area (GL51 9TX).

I am able to access 3G if I turn flight mode on and then off again. However, the 3G remains for around a minute then goes back to GPRS. I have the issue everywhere I go so I'm sure it's not because I am in an area with bad coverage. (I have also checked the coverage checker for maintainence and everything seems to be working fine).

A colleague of mine with the same phone and also on Vodafone has no issues connecting to 3G.

The issue does not seem to be intermitent. Once it's on GPRS it doesn't change to 3G at all.

I have tried resetting the phone, reseting network settings and I have ensured all the info on the Mobile Network is correct (APN etc)..

Driving me mad! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nabs
17: Community Champion

Hi robasmith123,

I've moved your other post in here to avoid duplicate answers for you.

From what you describe it certainly sounds as though there is an issue with the phone itself. If your colleage has the same model and network without the issues it would lead me to think there is a fault with your handset.

As you have tried all the standard resets it would probably rule out any software issue so the only other option is that it's a haradware problem. Unfortunately this will meant he phone will need to go for repair. There is a handy thread here with instructions on how to arrange this through Vodafone, including some specific instructions for iPhone users. Alternatively if you are located near an Apple store you can make an appointment at the genius bar where they may be able to resolve the issue whilst you wait.

Nabs

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

robasmith123

Hi,

My new iphone 5s seems to have problems connecting to 3G for more than a minute at a time.

I am in a 3G compatible area (GL51 9TX).

I am able to access 3G if I turn flight mode on and then off again. However, the 3G remains for around a minute then goes back to GPRS. I have the issue everywhere I go so I'm sure it's not because I am in an area with bad coverage. (I have also checked the coverage checker for maintainence and everything seems to be working fine).

A colleague of mine with the same phone and also on Vodafone has no issues connecting to 3G.

The issue does not seem to be intermitent. Once it's on GPRS it doesn't change to 3G at all.

I have tried resetting the phone, reseting network settings and I have ensured all the info on the Mobile Network is correct (APN etc)..

Driving me mad! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Nabs

Hi robasmith123,

I've moved your other post in here to avoid duplicate answers for you.

From what you describe it certainly sounds as though there is an issue with the phone itself. If your colleage has the same model and network without the issues it would lead me to think there is a fault with your handset.

As you have tried all the standard resets it would probably rule out any software issue so the only other option is that it's a haradware problem. Unfortunately this will meant he phone will need to go for repair. There is a handy thread here with instructions on how to arrange this through Vodafone, including some specific instructions for iPhone users. Alternatively if you are located near an Apple store you can make an appointment at the genius bar where they may be able to resolve the issue whilst you wait.

Nabs

robasmith123
I thought this was the case, it's good to have clarification. Unfortunately I live a while away from an Apple store so I will have to pop into Vodafone when I next get time out of the office!

Thanks for your advice!