18-09-2012 04:09 PM - edited 19-09-2012 02:13 PM
Via Red Box
18-09-2012 04:11 PM
Both iTunes and iCloud can back up the data on your iPhone and iPad.
iTunes - How to backup
iTunes can create backups of both your iPhone and iPad when you Sync with iTunes:
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to a computer with the latest version of iTunes installed
- Select your iPhone or iPad in iTunes under 'devices'
- Right click the device and select 'Backup'.
iTunes - How to restore from a backup
- Connect your device to the computer which you normally sync with.
- Right click the device and choose 'Restore from Backup'.
- If it's a new phone, connect to iTunes and you'll be prompted to restore from backup.
iCloud - How to Backup
iCloud automatically backs up the data on your iOS 5/6 device. Enable the backup on the device under 'Settings > iCloud > Backup & Storage". It will continue to run on a daily basis under the following conditions:
- Connected to the internet over Wi-Fi
- Connected to a power source
- Screen is locked
You can also backup manually whenever connected to the internet over Wi-Fi by going to:
- Storage & Backup
- Backup now
iCloud - How to restore from Backup
If you go through the setup assistance on any new iOS device (iPhone or iPad), choose 'Restore from iCloud Backup' and enter your Apple username and password. You can choose from your 3 most recent iCloud backups. Select the one you want to restore.
18-09-2012 05:17 PM - edited 18-09-2012 06:36 PM
If you're moving from one make of phone to another, the best way to move your important information over (contacts etc) is to use the Vodafone Red Box in store. If you can't get to a store, you can back up contacts and calendar through Gmail.
Got a new phone? Use our RED Box in any Vodafone store to transfer your address book, pictures, videos and music from your old phone or tablet over to your new one.
If you don't have a Gmail account, go to gmail.com and click 'Create an account for free'
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch to your computer using the USB cable
- Open iTunes
- Select your iPhone and click Info
- Check the 'Sync Contacts with' option and select 'Google Contacts' from the drop-down menu
- Click 'Configure' and enter your Google username and password.
- Press Apply to sync your device with iTunes.
If you're moving from an iPhone to another manufacturer, once you have followed the above steps, check out our 'Back up and restoration' main page for a step by step guide on how to move the information from Gmail to your new phone.