Ask

Solution

iPhone not connecting to the vodafone network

lewisjhunter
2: Seeker

Iphone not connecting to vodafone network

Hello,

I have recently purchased a new iphone 4S from a friend and I am having difficulty connecting to the mobile network after looking through and trying everything possible. Turning it off and on a hundred times, restoring the settings and it also isnt connecting to iTunes and I have also looked on all of the settings and it says it is connected to vodafone UK 15.6 so it is not a question about whether it needs to be unlocked. I have been to the vodafone store and it is also not blocked or on a 'blacklist'.

In the corner it says 'no 'service' and through to the general settings > about > network, it says 'Not Available'. Under the carrier settings it displays nothing and then under, settings > Mobile > mobile data network, it does not display anything in the APN or any of the options.

Can you give me access to the vodafone network? I am a paying customer and I am being denied access, lol.

Thanks, Lewis Hunter

5 REPLIES 5

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

There is no reason why the phone shouldn't connect to iTunes even if it was locked to another network or even blacklisted. Are you getting nothing at all when you connect to iTunes?

What network is your friend on? Had it ever been used before?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

lewisjhunter
I plug the iPhone 4S into my laptop and nothing, no syncing bar or anything then my mum plugged her iPhone 4S and it worked straight away. Quite weird.

It was originally given to them on a contract with Vodafone but they didn't want it and sold it to me. I would say quite recently, brand new.

Hi @lewisjhunter

It sounds like the phone may actually be faulty, if the laptop is not picking it up.

Are you able to try a different laptop/USB port just to make sure?

Thanks,

Wayne

lewisjhunter

Hello,

I have recently purchased a new iphone 4S from a friend and I am having difficulty connecting to the mobile network after looking through and trying everything possible. Turning it off and on a hundred times, restoring the settings and it also isnt connecting to iTunes and I have also looked on all of the settings and it says it is connected to vodafone UK 15.6 so it is not a question about whether it needs to be unlocked. I have been to the vodafone store and it is also not blocked or on a 'blacklist'.

In the corner it says 'no 'service' and through to the general settings > about > network, it says 'Not Available'. Under the carrier settings it displays nothing and then under, settings > Mobile > mobile data network, it does not display anything in the APN or any of the options.

Can you give me access to the vodafone network? I am a paying customer and I am being denied access, lol.

Thanks, Lewis Hunter

lewisjhunter
After looking up and trying different things, I think its just a hardware issue