Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone will NOT connect to internet unless on wifi

shantelle90
8: Helper
8: Helper

I am on PayG and have vodafone freebie (which includes internet usage) and I have also been given 30 days free internet by Vodafone. My iPhone does not and has never been able to connect to the internet or apps which need to use the internet unless connected to wifi.

The following message comes up;

'Could not activate mobile data network - You are not subscribed to a mobile data service'.

I would appreciate any advice on this.

Thank you

If my post has helped you, please click on the thumbs up button
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi shantell90,

It sounds like the internet settings (APN settings) are correct.

To get this sorted you just need to connect your phone to iTunes to install the correct carrier settings.

James

View solution in original position

14 REPLIES 14

Stephlou
2: Seeker
They are horrendous they literally read from a computer screen. 4 weeks on Saturday I've had no internet on my phone and they are doing absolutely nothing. So infuriating.

Hi guys,

I’m sorry to hear this.

So we can investigate this further and see what’s happening with the internet on the phone, speak to our Live help team.

Cheers,

Laura

Stephlou
Already tried and no information. Is anyone at Vodafone able to tell me why it would work for 5 weeks and then stop. Surely someone must be capable of fixing it.
4 weeks down the line and you haven't. Fail to see why you are tying me to a contract and not providing the goods I signed up for or pay for. Glad I work in the legal industry.
I look forward to hearing from you!

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

To rule out a problem with both your phone and your sim are you able to visit a Vodafone store and ask them to try your sim in one of their phones and one of their sims in your phone? Naturally  with wifi turned off.

This will eliminate problems with either one or the other. If it is found that the sim is faulty ask them to replace the sim and activate it whilst you are in store.

If it is found that the phone is at fault, maybe an aerial problem, then a visit to an Apple store is your best bet.

Stephlou
I've had a brand new iPhone 6 and 2 SIM card. Another sim works fine in my phone, mine doesn't work in another phone. The problem is Vodafone but they won't bloody fix it. They just ignore it like now. Useless 😡😡😡😡😡