You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 2: First Poster

internet charges

My son has an iphone and on the bill we have been charged more than £12 in a month, for him going over the usage limit (usually at times when the home wifif has been switched off and he didn't realise). in one case it looks like he's been charged over £4 for one minute of datag usage. This seems very hit and miss, as to what he's being charged for. He does watch videos on teh phone, always with wifi when possible. £12 extra on top of the bill does seem excessive. Can anyone lcarify?

HB 

Message 1 of 5 (3,703 Views)
Rank 33: Scholar II

Re: internet charges

All data that is used if not over wifi is chargeable whether accidental or not. If a wifi connection drops out for a millisecond mobile data cuts in and stays connected until you end the data flow manually. The only sure fire way to make sure that your son does not use mobile data when he assumes it is connected to wifi is to turn mobile data off in the settings. Are you sure that the £12 charge was for a single bit of data or was it the accumulative amount of data used over 24hours as it is generally the accumulative amount that appears on the bill?
Message 2 of 5 (3,698 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster

It showed the time on the bill so I thought it was for that particular time, as it showed him connecting 3 times in one minute and then being charged. It seems a lot when added onto his 1 GB allowance.

Message 3 of 5 (3,697 Views)
Rank 33: Scholar II

Hopefully a mod will pick up your post and take a look at you account. Often the data is billed in accumulative packs but it will need someone to look at the actual account to see if this is correct or not. Stick around, the mod team is quite small and always busy, so a bit of patience may be needed.
Message 4 of 5 (3,683 Views)
KD
Topics: 53
Solutions: 12

Hi HB

I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this for you.

I've sent you a Private Message with instructions on how to send the details over to us. You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks

K

Message 5 of 5 (3,642 Views)
iPhone 6