You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
camille_jeaval

iphone 4s internet settings

hi, i have an iphone 4s and and can't connect with the internet. I can only by wifi. I checked my settings and they're ok. I'm on pay as you go. my internet settings:

APN: pp.vodafone.co.uk

user: web

password: web

I think I tried everything, even getting the settings by sms, but it doesn't work at all. I had t-mobile before and everything was okay...

Message 1 of 26 (48,801 Views)
Rank 32: Scholar I
kids

Re: iphone 4s internet settings

Try these as they wereposted recently and confirmed by a Mod.

Data

APN pp.vodafone.co.uk

Username: web

Password: web

MMS

APN pp.vodafone.co.uk

Username: web

Password: web

MMSC http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms

MMS PROXY: 212.183.137.012:8799

Message 2 of 26 (48,795 Views)
camille_jeaval

Still doesn't work.
Message 3 of 26 (48,780 Views)
Tech Team
Matthew

Hi camille_jeaval

As you have gone through your settings and these are correct this only leaves a few possibilities left to try. Can you confirm that Mobile Data is switched on in the settings of the iPhone, this can be checked through the following settings:

Settings - General - Network- Mobile Data switched to on.

Can you also confirm you have credit on the phone or an active data pack present?

Other than the last two checks above we will need to take a look at your account and give you a call. If you have completed the checks and are still experiencing issues then please follow the instructions in the private message I have just sent you and we'll be in touch :smileyhappy:

Thanks

Matthew

P.S You can find your PM inbox here.

Message 4 of 26 (48,748 Views)
Mca
Mca

Hi, I have an Iphone 4S con monthly contract and since starting using it , I don't have access to internet . I tried everything that customer services told me, but yet nothing. I only get the internet if connected to wife but that's not the idea. Please help me!!

Message 5 of 26 (46,784 Views)
Rank 32: Scholar I
kids

Have you checked that in the setting the mobile data option is toggled to on.

If it is then post then details that you have in networks settings and someone will check you have the correct settings,

Message 6 of 26 (46,780 Views)
Mca
Mca

Hi,

the settings in mobile data are on and the settings in mobile data network are:

Mobile Data

APN  internet

Username web

Password web

Regards,

Message 7 of 26 (46,760 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

[ Edited ]

Hi Mca

Thank you for your post and a very warm welcome to the eForum.:smileyhappy:

So we can check that there is no bars on your account and that data has been provisioned correctly please follow the Private Message I have sent to you, once we have your response either myself or one of the team will be in touch as soon as we can.

In the meantime please ca you ensure that you are running the latest software for your device by connecting to iTunes.

I would also recommend trying a new MicroSIM, you can obtain one free from your local store or we can arrange this for you also.

You can find your PM inbox here.

Many Thanks

DaveCD
eForum Team

Message 8 of 26 (46,570 Views)
Rachel1106

I am having this problem too can not connect to the Internet and all settings are correct? Please help me! :smileyhappy:
Message 9 of 26 (40,832 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Dave

Hi Rachel1106,

One common reason for this would be confusion between PAYG and contract settings. Can you confirm whether this is a pre-pay or contract number and the APN details you have in place for me just to be sure this isn't the cause?

Can you also confirm if this happens everywhere or just in one location for me, and if you can get mobile data via Wi-Fi without issue?

Finally for now, have you tried to reset the iPhone? This doesn't lose any data, just works like a forced reboot of a PC. Simply hold down the power and home buttons for approximately 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears.

Dave

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 10 of 26 (40,801 Views)
Heather61

Hi I have the same trouble can't  get 3G, I have a iPhone 3 and my sim worked in that phone now my iPhone 4 which had o:2 sim

in and received a 3G but won't  with Vodafone I can get wi-fi no problem, I have reset Internet setting, reset my iPhone, even reinstalled the firmware still no 3G only Edge.

hope someone can help me thank

Message 11 of 26 (40,753 Views)
Rank 46: Oracle V
jeffkinn

Hi Heather and welcome to the forum,

Can you make and receive phone calls using your Vodafone sim and send and receive text messages?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Message 12 of 26 (40,750 Views)
Heather61

Thanks for your quick response 

i can make phone calls but not messages.

Message 13 of 26 (40,748 Views)
jeffkinn

Very odd. Did you port your number over from O2? Have you synced the iPhone with iTunes to make sure all the right settings for Vodafone are on the phone?

A hard reset or even a factory reset might be needed to get it working properly.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Message 14 of 26 (40,745 Views)
Heather61

[ Edited ]

It's was working in my iPhone 3, I have done hard reset and a factory reset  on Itunes but still no 3G 

APN.    pp.vodafone.co,uk

Username, Wap

password.   wap

this is my Vodafone number

Message 15 of 26 (40,733 Views)
jeffkinn

Are you sure that 3G is turned on in settings? If you move to another location does 3G work?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Message 16 of 26 (40,725 Views)
Heather61

Just put a  O2 sim in my iPhone 4 and got 3G straight away could it be the sim?

i have had for about 10yrs

Message 17 of 26 (40,724 Views)
jeffkinn

This is all confusing. Do you have an active Vodafone sim and an active O2 sim? Is the iPhone properly unlocked? If I read this right you are putting a sim that was in an iPhone 3 into a iPhone 4 - is that right?

The 3 doesn't take a micro sim I don't think which a 4 does so how have you transferred the sim from one to the other?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Message 18 of 26 (40,720 Views)
Heather61

My Vodafone sim was cut to fit my iPhone 4 and I have a micro adapter to fit the sim in my iphone 3

Yes I have used the Vodafone sim in both iPhones , the iPhone 3 is unlocked as is the iPhone 4

i know it very confusing and frustrating I have been on this all day I have even been on you tube, I have come to think it

may be a sim problem, or a firmware issue

Message 19 of 26 (40,714 Views)
jeffkinn

My advice is to go to a Vodafone store tomorrow and get a new micro sim. It will be activated and online in a few minutes. The adaptor will still work. If after that 3G is an issue I would take the 4 to an Apple store and get a Genius to check it over.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Message 20 of 26 (40,711 Views)