Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iphone 5 still locked

Jupesfm
4: Newbie

Hi i have iphone 5 i paid to have it unlocked i got an email saying that its unlocked but i tried what it told me to do on the email i have tried loads of diffrent sim but itunes keep saying sim is not valid pls someone help me i dont knw what else to do

86 REPLIES 86

Jupesfm
No vodaphone refunded me apple said the phone was replaced and the old phone imei needs to be unlocked so the new phone imei will unlock i have tried full restore and i paid the unlocking fee to 2 companys on the internet who have sent me msg saying my phone has succesfully unlocked

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
I wouldn't trust any of the unlocking companies on the Internet, most are scams.

Apple telling you that the original IMEI needs unlocking makes sense as I said a few posts ago, if the original IMEI is unlocked it automatically carries over to any replacement. But, your problem is that it is still only the person to who the phone with the original IMEI was sold that can complete the NUC form, as the IMEI needs to match their account details.

But where am I suppose to find this information from the phones not stolen and I am paying the unlocking fee

kids
It is unfortunate that you did not look at these boards before buying the phone, if you had done so you would have seen that thousands of people have come up against the same problem.

The long and the short of it is that Vodafone will not unlock tbe phone for anyone other than the original owner, you are better off cutting your losses and selling the phone and buying an unlocked one.
Nobody is going to be able to give you the identity of the original owner due to the Data Protection Act.

Yeah  think that's the only solution but even if I sell it I will have to tell the truth to the person I sell to

Its not fair on them they will be here on this forum just like me😢😢😢😢😢 

kids

Just sell it as 'locked to Vodafone'. there are a lot of Vodafone and non-Vodafone customers looking for iPhones and they can then make up their own mind if the want to buy it.

At least you are now aware of the pitfalls of buying a locked phone. :smileyfrustrated:

Jupesfm
Thankyou for all your help

my phone is still locked

what does this mean please it looks like my imei has been replaced thats why its not unlocking pls see attachment

kids
Was the phone replaced by Vodafone or by an Applle store?

If the latter then you will need to ask Apple to contact Vodafone and confirm the details of the original and replacement IMEI although your screenshot does show those details.

i have tried to fill out the unlocking form but i am not getting a repky back

013346007961511 this imei is one i would like to unlock