cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 5 still locked

Jupesfm
4: Newbie

Hi i have iphone 5 i paid to have it unlocked i got an email saying that its unlocked but i tried what it told me to do on the email i have tried loads of diffrent sim but itunes keep saying sim is not valid pls someone help me i dont knw what else to do

86 REPLIES 86

i called apple they said it had been replaced and i need to tell vodaphone to unlock both imei

i need a tech to help me on this one apple are willing to unlock it if vodaphone put request in

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@Jupesfm wrote:

i called apple they said it had been replaced and i need to tell vodaphone to unlock both imei

It is the other way round.

You need to ask Apple to tell Vodafone that they have exchanged the phone and for Apple to give Vodafone the old and new IMEIs. Once that is done and providing you are the original owner of the phone you can complete the NUC form again and unlocking can be processed.

apple are going to call me tommorrow let u know what happens

i bought this phone in good faith so the phone is mine the seller refuse to refund or exchange my phone

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271662173070

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@Jupesfm wrote:

apple are going to call me tommorrow let u know what happens

i bought this phone in good faith so the phone is mine the seller refuse to refund or exchange my phone

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271662173070

This is then going to be between you and the seller.  The phone was sold as described as being Vodafone network. This is your mistake, a simple bit of reaearch before buying the phone would have given your the information you needed.

Vodafone will only unlock phones for the original and first owner of the phone.  When the unlock is requested from Apple, all the details have to match with the first owners information or the unlock request will be kicked out by Apple.

This is to prevent fraud on the second hand phone market, something which is in all of our interests.

There is nothing more Vodafone will be able to do for you. If you can't get the phone unlocked, your only option would be to sell it back onto someone who wants a phone locked to Vodafone UK.

i know i never ealised this could happen i have bought so many locked phones second hand and had them unlocked looks like this time i made a mistake next time i will never buy a locked phone thankyou

Hi @Jupesfm

As previously discussed, we’re unable to unlock the phone.

The only way to get the phone unlocked would be to contact the original owner to see if they'll  request this for you.

I’m sorry there’s nothing more we can do.

Thanks

Michelle