Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iphone 5 still locked

Jupesfm
4: Newbie

Hi i have iphone 5 i paid to have it unlocked i got an email saying that its unlocked but i tried what it told me to do on the email i have tried loads of diffrent sim but itunes keep saying sim is not valid pls someone help me i dont knw what else to do

86 REPLIES 86

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

That email from Vodafone indicates that your request has been processed and passed onto Apple.  As said above, it is up to Apple now who take their own sweet time getting it unlocked.  You have to wait and simply keep checking to see if it is unlocked by connecting the iPhone to iTunes with a non Vodafone SIM card in it. 

PWIAC

so apple should knw a request have been put in i called them and the said theres no request from vodaphone

this is what apple are saying nuc keep replying its unlocked

please can someone help me the tech on the phone are hopless they keep telling me to goto the shop wich have and they said they cant do anything

does anyone have a vodaphone number for uk

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Jupesfm 

You'll need to follow the advice given above and connect it to iTunes using a non Vodafone SIM.

See our video for unlocking an iPhone here or see our frequently asked questions.

DaveCD

is there no one that can help me

i have done that so many times i called apple and they said imei is still locked

what vodaphone dont seem to understand is that the imei is stil locked and they are not willing to check it out this has been going on for 3 weeks im sure they must know something is wrong otherwise i wouldnt be asking for there help my phone is still locked in plain english IMEI IS STILL LOCKED

Hi @Jupesfm

It can take up to 21 days for Apple to release the unlocking code.

You’ll need to sync your phone to iTunes, as the link given by DaveCD has stated.

Cheers,

Laura