Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iphone 5 still locked

Jupesfm
4: Newbie

Hi i have iphone 5 i paid to have it unlocked i got an email saying that its unlocked but i tried what it told me to do on the email i have tried loads of diffrent sim but itunes keep saying sim is not valid pls someone help me i dont knw what else to do

86 REPLIES 86

Jupesfm
Yes i understand that but apple are saying i need to unlock a different imei so then my imei will get unlocked well i guess its 20 days now so il wait for few more days then see what happens thankx for replying

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@Jupesfm wrote:
 but apple are saying i need to unlock a different imei so then my imei will get unlocked

Did they provide you with any clarity on why they said this?  The reason I ask is that I don't see how unlocking the IMEI that doesn't belong to your phone is going to unlock your phone.....

Have you had the device exchanged at some point? 

PWIAC

i dont really know much about the phone i bought it second hand apple said it had been exchanged before i even puchased it so they need to unlock the other imei in order for this imei to unlock wich is weird i thought all imei where diffrent i tried to email this info to vodaphone but they dont seem to understand apple said tell vodaphone to contact us so i am stuck dont know what to do

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)
Therein could lay your problem.

As Vodafone will only unlock the phone for the original owner and the phone has been swapped out before you bought it I would guess that Apple need the original IMEI to be unlocked so that the unlock carries over to the replacement phone.

If the original phone was supplied on contract then Vodafone will only unlock it at the request of the original owner. Unless you are able to contact hat person you may be stuck.

Hi @Jupesfm 

Please follow the instructions given in Matts email yesterday. Once completed, please respond to the email so we can follow this up.

Thanks,

Jamian

Jupesfm
Hi didnt recive email from matt just vodaphone asking me to restore from itunes

Hi @Jupesfm

I'm not sure what happened to the email from Matt but I’ve emailed you again. Please check this and follow the instructions.

Once you’ve got back to me, I’ll be in touch.

Thanks

Michelle

Hi @Jupesfm

Your iPhone should now be unlocked.

Can you re-sync the phone to iTunes and let me know how you get on?

Thanks

Michelle

hi thankx michelle for all your help but its still not working i have attached a picture of the fault on itunes pls check it out thats the only message i am getting

Hi @Jupesfm

I’m sorry you’re still having issues.

I’ll look into this again with our unlocking team and get back to you as soon as I have more info.

Thanks

Michelle