Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iphone not recieving some text messages

KatharineStyles
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I updated to using an old iphone 4 of a family member from a nokia using my same number but a different sim card about a month ago. Since I changed onto this phone I'm not receiving certain sms text messages from several different numbers especially if they were sent to my phone when it was switched off or in an area without signal. I've tried restoring the phone to factory settings and then restoring from a backup, but this hasn't worked.This is becoming a problem as I need the phone for work.

Any help would be wonderful.

4 REPLIES 4

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi KatharineStyles,

Are all different numbers on one specific network?

If you dial *#100# on your phone, you should see a message displayed on the screen containing some dates.

If the phone is up to date on the network, it should show today’s date and a time within a few hours.

If it shows an older time and date, go into your network settings and choose a network other than Vodafone and then switch back.

This will force your phone to update on the network.

To rule out any network issues in your area that may be having an effect, take a look here.

It’s also possible that you may have a faulty SIM. If you pop to a Vodafone store, they’ll be able to replace it for you free of charge.

Let me know how you go on.

Cheers,

Andrew

Hi there,

Thankd for the reply. I diallled *#100# and it just showed my mobile number and a button that said Dismiss? 

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

HI there,

That thread you've just replied to is over 18 months old and things have changed since then.

If you give us a clear description of the problem, someone in the community here should be able to point you in the right direction.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Thanks Jeff. Its ok I just called Vodafone and it was only one number that I wasn't getting messages from and the fault was not on my side. Thanks though!