Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iphone not working abroad - emergency

AshleyP
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am in an emergency situation

I am currently in Ibiza and as a matter or urgency I need my phone to work.

I registerd fo Euro Traveller and lifted all bars onlne, however my IPhone 4 is not picking up network in Ibiza

I have tried calling and people have been so unhelpful and basically told me there is nothing that can be done.

This is vodafones fault, I did everthing I can do = now I am stuck not being able to contact home and as I said there is an emergency situation.

Today I spent over 40 euros on pay phones that I had to travel 4 miles to find I was also on hold to the international number for over 2 hours... during 5 different phone calls.

What do you suggest, there must be someting vodafone can do, there must be somone that can help?

35 REPLIES 35

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @janefarnham

We cant check that reference here, but if you get back in touch with our Live help team, they can look into this further.

Thanks,

Jenny

Do you see Vodafones reluctance to own the problem and just sort it. They have passed the action back to you to go through another painful time consuming loop of contacting somebody else in their company and then contacting them again.Why can they not just accept that there is a problem in their system and fix it?

I agree! When I was in Barcelona I couldn't get hold of them all week ... when I did get through I got cut off ...

I'm going to try this new sim and see how I get on in Belgium but as the Vodafone signal is so rubbish since I moved to the Kent coast, after 20 years of being with them I'm going to have to say au revoir anyway.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @donabroad 

Please reply back to our last email, and we'll be in touch. 

It's also worth noting that for iPhone data usage abroad you need to make sure that- 

1. Data roaming is enabled

2. EU internet is off

Thanks, 

Amanda 

Amanda - which e-mail do you mean me to reply to please? Do you mean me to just reply in e-mail or in this forum?

Concerning your comment about data, the issue was having no service. Neither phone nor data.

when will vodafone understand there is a problem here?? frustrating!

Hi guys,

@donabroad – Please reply to the last email sent, so we can keep all the information together on the email trail.

Before you left the UK, did you make sure that your account was ready for travelling abroad?

@janefarnham – Has this issue now been resolved?

Thanks,

Laura

i'm just about to call to get my new sim working but won't know until I go to belgium later this month.

You ask if I had prepared my phone for going abroad. I had used my phone on about 20 previous trips abroad and my wife had used hers (which is on the same contract) on a lesser number. Vodafone turned both off not me. I went to the Fleet Vodafone shop twice, the Victoria Station Vodafone shop once and the Puerto del Rosario Vodafone ES shop once in the three months during which my phones were not functioning abroad. All the staff in those shops were helpful and all confiirmed that my settings on my phone were OK. The voicemail had been set up for some years and was accessable from other phones abroad although I reset it on two occasions to see if that might sort out the problem. It didn't. The problem rested somewhere within Vodafone and when they did their fix on 16 or 17 Feb, it fixed both phones without me needing to change anything.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @donabroad 

Please reply to our last email, dated 21 January. 

If you no longer have this email, then please follow the instructions that I've sent you on a private message.

Hi @janefarnham if you need anything else just let us know. 

Thanks, 

Amanda