Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

new sim/Phone isn't working

ZenI
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I bought an I phone 5c about a week ago from car phone warehouse and I was to told to wait an hour for it to start working, and it did but the only problem was I couldn't recieve any calls or texts. so I took it back the next day and they told me to go to Vodafone and get a sim swap. The guy at the Vodafone store said Carphone warehouse had given me one of the old sims so he gave a new one and kept the old one.

He said the same thing to wait. an hour or 24hours, so I did but the problem with this was that it said no service on my phone.

I rang customer service and they said everything's fine the problem is with the contract provided by carfone warehouse .

I know this is really confusing, so I went back the next day and was told that the Vodafone numbers were all taken up and I had been given one of the new ones which weren't working.

they managed to get me a new number but they said it was registered in the old sim... that I had swapped at Vodafone, so I was told to get this number registered on A new sim and I did.

The lady there said it takes 10minutes so I waited an hour and went back to Vodafone and was given yet another sim. but the man said the problem is with the account...

so I had made like 4 trips to carfone warehouse and Vodafone in a row and was given a bunch of useless sims that weren't working.

I called customer service again and they said to wait about half an hour and it's been like 3 days now.... my phone still says no service, I don't want to go back to Vodafone to be given another sim that doesn't work....

Can someone help please? I mean I don't want to be paying for a contract the doesn't even work. can you please suggest what I should do or if I can cancel it.

I've been without a phone for a week now and no body is giving me a straight answer I swear this is the worst network to be with I regret it.
1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Hi

I'm sorry to hear of your issues with your new contract and appreciate the frustration you must feel.

Your contract SIM card may need activating.

If you navigate to the Vodaphone Home page or Google -> SIM card activation Vodaphone ,the link will show.

Before that please try the following.

Turn your phone off and on or turn airplane mode on and off. This will help re connection to the Vodaphone network.

And or Go into -> Settings -General - Reset - Reset Network Settings.

If these fail then use the 'Contact Us ' link at the foot of the forum page to ask Live Chat or Customer Services by phone call to reset your account and to check your account status and mobile number allocation.

Best of luck.

😎

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.