Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

no notification centre??

lordy
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

if i swipe down on my iphone 4s the notification centre doesnt come up?

am i being stupid and dont have the correct setting or has this happened to anyone elce?

if any one could help would be fantastic!!

cheers!

8 REPLIES 8

InsaneLampshade
4: Newbie

You have to swipe down from the bar at the top of the screen. :Smiling:

say from where the time is??

tyied and tried!

shame because siri is amazing!!

if anyone elce has a bright idea about my problem please comment!

Yeah, from where the time is... no idea if it's not working then. =/

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@lordy wrote:

if i swipe down on my iphone 4s the notification centre doesnt come up?

am i being stupid and dont have the correct setting or has this happened to anyone elce?

if any one could help would be fantastic!!

cheers!

Does this help? (From Apple forums)

This took some figuring out and some web research but the lock screen notifs only show notifs that actually come in since the phone was last locked. Try it - go into Mail (assuming it's enabled), get it fetching new mail, quickly press the sleep/wake button.  If you have new mail, that's what will pop up.  Not quite what I thought it was going to be!

Edited to clarify - there's no "pull-down" gesture for the lock screen - the notifs just appear if there are any.

Alot of the 3rd party apps don't seem to work in Notif Centre - maybe because they have to be updated to iso5 compatibility?

the pull down notification center is from the home screen not the lock screen, it is good. and you can choose what you want to be displayed.
my 4s currently syncing over wifi, very nice indeed.

Retired-Simon
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi lordy

There isn't an option where the notification centre can be turned on or off. If you go to Settings > Notifications you can edit what appears in your notifications bar and how you would like to be alerted.

If you're still struggling to get the notifications bar on your iPhone to appear I'd suggest plugging your phone into iTunes and restoring.

Thanks

simon

Justshannon
1: Seeker
I've had the same thing I'm on 5c and it was working when it's unlocked before now it's just stopped and I have no idea why it comes down when it's locked but not unlocked I'm also getting no service from EE for no reason. I have tried swiping up and down to see if it works and nothing has happened I have sent a email to iTunes but still waiting on reply until I receive the email I can't help but I just wanted to see if anyone else had the same problem and had any answers. Sorry it's such a long reply.

Justshannon
1: Seeker
Ahh I just realised what I should do try turning your phone off and then on it worked after I tried.