You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
Brian2412

panic.plist

Good afternoon, I have an iPhone 4s and this is the second one in under a month. This phone has started to randomly shut down and reboot on a number of occasions, I have read on other forums about this and having checked the diagnostics on the phone it shows panic.plist and apparently this signifys a fault with the phone that requires replacing. Has anyone else experienced this?...can a mod please confirm why my phone shuts off for no reason and how I get the annoying problem rectified. Thank you
Message 1 of 8 (6,627 Views)
Brian2412

Re: panic.plist

Anyone from Vodafone actually read this yet?
Message 2 of 8 (6,593 Views)
Rank 45: Oracle IV
Nabs

Brian2412,

There could be anumber of reasons why your handset would shutdown. If you can open the .plist file(You will need a mac) then it may give some clues as to what is going on.

Intersm of a replacement phone there is two options.

1. Make yourself an appointment at the genius bar in your local apple store. They can diagnose and if necesary replace the handset there and then
  2. Arrange for your handset to be repaired by Vodafone. FOr details on how to do this check out the help center article here

Going directly to apple would be your quickest option however would require you to travel to the apple store

Find this post useful? Give it the thumbs up below!

Message 3 of 8 (6,587 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Hi Brian2412

Thank you for your posts and there has been some fantastic suggestions already from Nabs (thank you).

Just to add to that please could you also try the option of performing a full back up using iTunes and performing a full restore of the device and let us know how you get on.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Message 4 of 8 (6,576 Views)
Brian2412

Thank you for your posts and there has been some fantastic suggestions already from Nabs (thank you).

Actually it's one suggestion!

I've had this phone for a week, tried the full back up and restore, still reboots randomly
There must be a reason/fault, and to be expected to drive 40 miles to an apple store is ridiculous!

Can someone from Vodafone look into this please, thank you
Message 5 of 8 (6,554 Views)
mobing

a good problem , but waiting  for the replies !

Message 6 of 8 (6,529 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Hi Brian2412

Thank you for your post and I am sorry to see you are still experiencing difficulties. :smileysad:

It certainly sounds like a software issue, please take the device to your local store and one of our experts will be able to take a look and advise you of your best options or alternatively we can arrange a postal repair.

Please can you ensure that all of your contents and information are backed up.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Message 7 of 8 (6,514 Views)
Adamswood

Hi brian!
To be honest i would rather drive the 40 miles than send my shiny new iphone in the post!! Atleast then you can watch as the genius diagnoses it and if it is faulty they can swap it there and then or arrange to send you one! If you use vf it maywell go to apple anyway and you will have an extra long wait! Although it may seem that as vf sold it to you and you spend lots of money with them they should bend over backwards but unfortunatly thy wont which is where the self hlp bit comes in!
Good luck with it!
Message 8 of 8 (6,494 Views)