You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
hauppauge

pay as u go network settings

i need the 3g mobile data settings for pay as you go on iphone4

if i try to open safari with default settings it says "could not activate mobile data network you are not subscribed to a mobile data service".

could somebody provide the correct settings please?.

Message 1 of 13 (43,055 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
bandofbrothers1

Re: pay as u go network settings

If you contact vodafone they may be able to send them via text message or google for the basic data settings for vodafone or look in the support tab.

MacBook Air 11” Core i5 1.6GHz 4GB 128GB •1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5.
16gb iphone 4 - black - Firmware :5.0.1 with Siri.
16gb ipod touch - 1st Generation.
Message 2 of 13 (42,968 Views)
Rank 33: Scholar II
kids

hauppauge wrote:

i need the 3g mobile data settings for pay as you go on iphone4

if i try to open safari with default settings it says "could not activate mobile data network you are not subscribed to a mobile data service".

could somebody provide the correct settings please?.

Nicked from a post by a Mod:

The settings you'll need to change can be found here. Settings>General>Network>Mobile Data Network :-

Mobile Data

APN - pp.vodafone.co.uk

Username - wap

Password - wap

MMS

APN - pp.vodafone.co.uk

Username - wap

Password - wap

MMSC - http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms

MMS Proxy - 212.183.137.012:8799

MMS Max message Size - 307200

Message 3 of 13 (42,965 Views)
TiahCulleton

I've had the same problem, manages to get the Internet working but I still can't receive texts or calls
Message 4 of 13 (25,081 Views)
Tech Team
Tech Team
Kay

Hi Tiah, 

It's strange that you're unable to receive texts or calls. Are you able to send texts and make calls? 

What phone do you have? Have you tried a reboot by switching it off for a few minutes and then back on to see if this helps? 

Can you also let us know if this problem is happening all the time or only at certain times or in certain areas? 

Thanks, 

Kay

Message 5 of 13 (25,034 Views)
TiahCulleton

Yes I can make texts and calls but unable to receive them, my phone is an iPhone 4. This is all the time and yea I've tried turning it off and on, also tried removing sim and putting it back in.
Message 6 of 13 (25,029 Views)
Tech Team
Sukhi

Hi TiahCulleton

Have you tried syncing it with iTunes? If you can get in touch here we'll make sure everything is set up correctly on your account.

Thanks

Sukhi

Message 7 of 13 (24,969 Views)
Newtovoda

I too am having problems.

iPhone 4S out of contract with O2 and unlocked. Voda pay as you go sim worked fine on calls, texts and Internet. Topped up and got a data freebie. Now it doesn't work on data??, but it did when I was paying for data. Several calls to vodafone and went into vodafone shop who confirmed network setting were correct.

Shop was confused as my emails are pushed through fine, but Internet won't work. Restored on iTunes still hasn't fixed. Where do I go from here?was only using pay as you go to see how good network was before committing to a contact.
Message 8 of 13 (24,782 Views)
Tech Team
Tech Team
Kay

[ Edited ]

Hi Newtovoda, 

This is a really strange one. 

There must be an active data connection if you can send/receive emails. What happens when you try to access an Internet page? 

To make sure you definitely have the correct settings please take a look at our internet settings page.

Let me know how you get on. 

Kay

Message 9 of 13 (24,737 Views)
Newtovoda

Hi Kay

Phone says vodafone UK 3G
Cellular data is on
Enable 3G is on
Data roaming is on
Apn is pp.vodafone.co.uk, username = wap, p/word = wap
Mms is (wap.vodafone.co.uk, username = waqp, p/word = wap)
Mmsc is http://mms.vodafone.co.uk
Proxy 212.183.137.012:8799
Etc etc
Got these settings previously by texting web to 40127, but just done it again and installed them again. Still doesn't work on Internet.

When I try to access Internet, such as google search, it try's, the round thing on top right spins, the address bar starts to turn from white to blue and stops with the message " safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding"

Emails are pushed and sent no problem, Facebook updates fine.

Everything else not working such as apps that require Internet connection.

Message 10 of 13 (24,730 Views)
Tech Team
Sukhi

Hi Newtovoda

Thanks for getting back to us. Have you also tried syncing via iTunes? Could you maybe try a new SIM card?

Let me know how you get on.

Sukhi

Message 11 of 13 (24,680 Views)
Newtovoda

Hi.

Yes have synced on iTunes, have backed up and restored.

Store tried new sim. Still did same thing. Internet trying but timing out, email and Facebook working fine

I will get pay as you go microsim on another network and see if it works with that carrier.
Message 12 of 13 (24,677 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi Newtovoda,

If the internet is still timing out, please can you let me know the postcode where this is happening?

Once we have this we can check your coverage and the local sites to see if it’s a network issue.

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 13 of 13 (24,657 Views)