Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

problems receiving picture messages

chiggins
1: Seeker

Hi.  I've followed all the instructions to set up my iPhone 5c (iOS 8.4) to receive picture messages.  Everything in the Settings is as Vodaphone sets out.  Yet I still get directed to the getmypicture website each time a picture is sent, and also then frequently get locked out of that website for "security reasons".  

Any suggestions as to how I can fix it to receive MMS normally?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

If you are being referred to that site to get your MMS message, it sounds like MMS hasn't been provisioned on your account.

Call up customer services on 191 or use LiveChat and get them to make sure MMS has been provisioned.  

As a workaround whilst you are getting this fixed, you could use WhatsApp (if the other person uses it) or iMessage (if they are an iPhone user)

PWIAC

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

drey_p

Hi there

If you are being referred to that site to get your MMS message, it sounds like MMS hasn't been provisioned on your account.

Call up customer services on 191 or use LiveChat and get them to make sure MMS has been provisioned.  

As a workaround whilst you are getting this fixed, you could use WhatsApp (if the other person uses it) or iMessage (if they are an iPhone user)

PWIAC

Thanks.  Already using Whatsapp where I can, but iMessage still reverts to getmypicture.

But I now know it's my account and not my phone or my settings, so thank you!

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

iMessage only works from iPhone to iPhone / iPad etc.

Are your iMessages blue in colour ?

 help page on iMessage https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201287

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes, although sometimes it randomly flips into green and reverts to text messaging iPhones (etc.) for no known reason.  Even, say, if both parties haven't moved during the chat.

jeffkinn

iMessage is a data service and uses the internet to access Apple servers to route the messages.

If for some reason that times out, the internet is slow or the Apple server doesn't respond then the message will revert to a traditional text message. That's why the blue will flip to green for no apparent reason.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png