You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
Marcus120479

"New" iPad... does it come locked to the Vodafone network? (Tech Team response please)

I've got a New iPad arriving on Monday, and due to the slightly tight data allowance, I'm looking at getting a PAYG sim to keep spare for if/when I get to my 2gb allowance. Looking at the current PAYG deals out there, it's unlikely that it will be a Vodafone sim. 

I know the iPad 2 was locked to Vodafone, but will the new one be too? I've googled for an answer, and have seen that contract iPad 2's can be unlocked by requesting through the online NUC request form, so will this process need to be used for the new one too? 

This is a question for a member of the tech team, so if you don't work for Vodafone, please don't repsond with ill-informed speculation or personal opinions. Thanks.

Message 1 of 8 (9,542 Views)
Rank 44: Oracle III
Nabs

Re: "New" iPad... does it come locked to the Vodafone network? (Tech Team response please)

Hi Marcus120479,

I'll say right up i don't know if the new iPad iis network locked.

What i will say is, try another SIM. If you get any opf the error messages on here then it is locked.

If it is locked then it can be unlocked for free by filling in this  online form.

Note: to unlock it you will first need to complete the online form, wait 24ish hours and then connect the iPad to iTunes with another networks SIM installed.

Find this post useful? Give it the thumbs up below!

Message 2 of 8 (9,484 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
nirave

Re: "New" iPad... does it come locked to the Vodafone network? (Tech Team response please)

I'm led to believe the New iPad is locked to Vodafone. It shouldn't be a problem to unlock it however :smileyhappy:
Message 3 of 8 (9,465 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Hi all

To confirm the new iPad we sell is locked to our network.

We are currently investigating whether these devices can be unlocked and I will post back here as soon as I receive an update.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Message 4 of 8 (9,339 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Hi everyone.

Thank you for your patience.:smileyhappy:

I have received confirmation that these devices can be unlocked by completing the normal Network Unlock Code request form, however these are taking longer than normal and this is currently under investigation.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Message 5 of 8 (9,178 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
raheelqureshi

Hi Dave My request no is 9047290 and your team member they can't unlock iPad??? So can you please confirm. Thanks
Message 6 of 8 (8,689 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Hi raheelqureshi

Thank you for your post and it is great to see you.:smileyhappy:

I have requested further information around your request using the reference provided and will post back once I have further information.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Message 7 of 8 (8,649 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Hi raheelqureshi

Thank you for your patience.

I have received information from our NUC team and they have advised me they are awaiting further information from Apple as they are heavily dependant on the manufacturers, they will keep me updated and I will post new information as I receive it.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Message 8 of 8 (8,604 Views)