Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

registering iphone 4s IMEI

buffej
2: Seeker

Hi,

I bought an iPhone 4s, from someone who had ait as an unwanted upgrade brand new and sealed and it is locked to Vodafone. I want to register the IMEI under my name for precautionary measures, just in case the person i brought it from tries to cheat in the future by calling Vodafone saying the phone has been stolen or lost, and might result in having the IMEI blocked. How do I go about this? 

26 REPLIES 26

how do i register imei number to my account please

bought phone second hand on vodafone need to protect my purchase has so many people 

reporting lost or stolen after sale

thanks

roger

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
You can call 191 and ask them t register the IMEI on your count.

But be aware that this does not protect you from a previous owner claiming the phone was lost / stolen or damaged. It merely shows that you are now using the phone, to protect yourself you need to keep all the documentation relating to the purchase, if you bought it on eBay there will be a record of your transaction. Keep the details of where you sent the money to pay for the phone and also details of the seller.

Retired-Ian_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi angelshero,

There's some great advice from kids. Thanks :smileytongue:

You can also call into your local Vodafone store, ask them to check the phone and record the IMEI on your account, but again keep all the documentation from the purchase.

Cheers

Ian

thanks guys

regards

roger

kids
One good reason for registering the IMEI against an account is if there is loss or damage and you wish to,make an insurance claim it is a lot quicker for the insurers to verify that it is your phone.

Idrury
I would like to register my iPhone 4s IMEI. Please advise what I need to do. Thanks

kids

Read Ian_C's post two above yours.