Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

registering iphone 4s IMEI

buffej
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I bought an iPhone 4s, from someone who had ait as an unwanted upgrade brand new and sealed and it is locked to Vodafone. I want to register the IMEI under my name for precautionary measures, just in case the person i brought it from tries to cheat in the future by calling Vodafone saying the phone has been stolen or lost, and might result in having the IMEI blocked. How do I go about this? 

26 REPLIES 26

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

I guess the answer will be the same as when you posted the identical question and text but using a different name on 26th January.

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/iPhone-4S-and-iOS-5/Want-to-register-a-brand-new-iPhone-4s-IMEI-under...

I have not asked this question before as it is the first time I have ever brought a phone not directly from a shop and have only joined the Eforum a couple of days ago.

I take it I am not the only person to have asked the question but I can assure you this is my first time and I am actually quite offended that you suggested I have.

Retired-Simon
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi buffej

Thanks for your post. I can see why kids may have thought you'd have posted previously as the content is the same. We'll be more than happy to do this for you and have sent a private message with the details of how to contact us.

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks

Simon

hi I also have an iphone 4, bought it used about 3months ago, the previous owner told me she got an upgrade so dont need the phone anymore. Can I pls register the imei on my account Im still under contract with vodafone.

hope you can help.

thanks

gerald

Hi there darkness0021,

Sure you can :Winking_smiley:

You can either pop into your local store, speak with customer services or if you'd like my team to register the device for you, you can follow the instructions in my pm and send us your details.

Your PM inbox is here.

Cheers,

LeeH

hi, I also have the same problem. I've just purchased anew iPhone 4S and would like to register the imei to my account. Can you please let me know how I can do this? Thanks

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hello Orkan,

Thanks for your post.

You have three options at this point.

• Your local store can update the details
  • Customer Services can also do this for you
  • My team can also update the details if you wish

If you'd like my team to complete this I've sent you a PM which can be accessed here. If you could follow the instructions in the PM and send us your details one of the team will be with you as soon as they can.

Cheers,

LeeH

Hello LeeH and Simon, any chance I can get a PM for how to do this as well? Need to unlock an iPhone4 and having filled in the NUF form (Vodafone are not recognising IMEI) and already waited 8 mins with CS on the phone so would use you guys (who seem to know what they are doing) if possible. Please let me know.. Thanks!

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hello STE_1982,

Sure we can!

I've sent you a PM which can be accessed here. If you could follow the instructions in the PM and send us your details one of the team will be with you as soon as they can.

Cheers,

LeeH