Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

registering iphone 4s IMEI

buffej
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I bought an iPhone 4s, from someone who had ait as an unwanted upgrade brand new and sealed and it is locked to Vodafone. I want to register the IMEI under my name for precautionary measures, just in case the person i brought it from tries to cheat in the future by calling Vodafone saying the phone has been stolen or lost, and might result in having the IMEI blocked. How do I go about this? 

26 REPLIES 26

Hi. I am also in this type of situation,can you please help me?

i need to unlock my iPhone 4s.  The original phone received with my vodafone contract was lost and i then purchased a replacement off eBay. Is it possible for you to update your records with the imei number off the replacement phone and then unlock it?

I tried going into a Vodafone store and was told they couldn't help as it wasn't sold by vodafone so now I am at a dead end!

Can you help? 

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

If the phone was provided on contract then only the original owner of the iPhone can request that it is unlocked - so you will need to contact the eBay seller who sold you that phone in order to get it unlocked.  Vodafone can only update the IMEI number on the records if the phone was replaced through official channels eg by Vodafone or Apple.

PWIAC

Hi Lee

I purchased an iPhone 5 from Amazon (PAYG) locked to Vodafone. Please advise how I may register the IMEI to my Vodaphone Pay Monthly account. I have little time to actually call Customer Services. Is it possible I could do this online or via your team?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

drey_p

HI there

In order for the IMEI number to be registered on the network, you need to activate the PAYG SIM card and make a few calls from the handset.  As you are unlocking a PAYG phone, please could you complete the NUC Request Form but make sure you have at least £20 to cover the cost of the unlocking.

It should take about 7 - 10 working days to complete the unlocking process.  You'll be able to confirm that the handset is unlocked by connecting the iPhone to iTunes.  A message will pop up once it is unlocked.

PWIAC

Hi

Thanks for your reply. The phone was sold PAYG. However, I am Pay Monthly customer and have no intention of using the phone on a PAYG service.

Is it not possible to register the IMEI to my Pay Monthly account?

Many thanks for your help.

drey_p

Are you actually trying to unlock the phone?  If not, I am not sure what you want to achieve by having the handset IMEI number registered against your account - please could you provide a bit more info.

PWIAC

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Indeed I am trying to unlock the handset. I completed the online Unlock Code Request Form, in reply (after a few days) I received an email from the nucresolutions team that I need to register the handset to my account before I can request an unlock. My reference number is: 3037628 if that help.

I was hoping for a response from someone in the tech team, who'd be abe to look up the details using the reference number.

Once agaon thank you for your patience and assistance.

Hi One_Deen,

You can get the IMEI updated onto your Vodafone account through customer services or by visiting a Vodafone store.

In regards to unlocking the iPhone, if this is updated on your account then we will usually do this free of charge for you as a contract customer.

However, to update the IMEI number we will need to see proof of purchase.

To get this done I have sent you a quick PM, please follow the instructions on the Pm and one of the team will be in touch to get this updated.

You can find your PM inbox here.

James

I am also in a similar situation to a few of the issues mentioned here, what is the procedure to register the imei on my account.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jamesdanso85,

Take a look here for how to get in touch and we can help get this sorted. :Smiling:

Thanks,

Jenny