Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

unlocking iphone 5s

SChelaru
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi

I submitted the request twice so far and i didnt receive the emai notification. How do i know Vodafone has received my application to unlock my phone please.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

Hopefully one of the Tech Team will look at this.

In the meantime as the iPhone you have does not need to be hooked up to iTunes to complete the unlock try inserting another networks SIM card such as O2 etc to see if this completes the unlock.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

HI

tahnks for your reply. I have tried. I received the email this afternoon that the phone was unlocked. Still not working. I tried Itunes, i tried another sim still not unlocked. I thought i sent the wrong IMEI number but i checked that as well and it was the correct one. Please help. Many thanks

tried again with an EE sim and it says Activation Required.

BandOfBrothers
You do need to try with an activated alternative SIM card.

Even if you borrow a friends SIM card to complete the unlock.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

i have tried with my EE sim card which has been used in a diff iphone 5s fore more than a year. I will try again.

sim not valid. it says the carrier is not supported. This is my EE sim and should have worked straight away, I don't think im doing anything wrong. Is not the first Iphone i unlock. What else should i do?

Hi

Can anyone help please with my issue. I have had a poor experience with an online company trying to unlock my phone. I paid them back in January, nothing happened after 5 weeks, i decided to fill in the form myself. I received the e mail from Vodafone yesterday but the phone is definitely not unlocked. I need to use my phone please especially after 7 weeks of waiting. Many thanks

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @SChelaru 

Thanks for your post, though I'm sorry to see this. 

Speak to our Live help team and we'll look into it

Thanks, 

Amanda 

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@SChelaru wrote:

Hi

Can anyone help please with my issue. I have had a poor experience with an online company trying to unlock my phone. I paid them back in January, nothing happened after 5 weeks, i decided to fill in the form myself. I received the e mail from Vodafone yesterday but the phone is definitely not unlocked. I need to use my phone please especially after 7 weeks of waiting. Many thanks

The majority of online unlocking services are scams so you may just have to write that off to experience.
If after filling in the online Vodafone form the email was not rejecting your application you will need to wait a few days for Apple to process the unlock for you. It can take Apple up to 21 days to complete it and for you to finalise the unlock you need to connect the phone to iTunes with a non-Vodafone sim in it, when Apple have done their bit you will see a pop up in iTunes telling you the phone is unlocked.
So it is a matter of conecting the phone to iTunes each day until you see the phone is unlocked pop-up