Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

vpn

dingodog
3: Seeker
Hi I've just been.given an iPhone 4 that u am using as payg but the VPN is not connected so I can't use the internet wot do I need to do to connect it please?
8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Dont worry about the VPN as that's different to getting the internet working. Information here about VPN's

Device Guides for iPhone 4 are here. 

Is Mobile Data turned on in the phones settings under Settings _Mobile Data_Toggle on Mobile Data. 

To get the APN's text WEB to 40127

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

dingodog
Yes mobile data switched on,VPN says not configerated and to add VPN configeration?

BandOfBrothers

Hi

My VPN on my iPhone says not connected too as its not needed. 

Take a look at the Apple Link I added to explain why a person would need that feature configuration. 

Have you sent a text saying WEB to 40127 ?

Can I ask As your on Payg do you have a Data Allowance or Credit to allow Data Connection to Vodafones Internet Services. 

Current Phone  >

dingodog
Hi when I try to use the link my phone says you are not subsscibed to a mobile data service

BandOfBrothers

Hi

Are you able to make calls and send texts and receive them too and just having issues with connecting to the Internet away from wifi. 

These are the APN's for an iPhone for Vodafone. Take special note of the Payg Specific Settings. 

Tap Settings.
In the first section tap Mobile Data/Cellular Data.
Tap Mobile Data Network/Cellular Data Network.
Enter the following settings into the onscreen form, without changing any other settings;
Mobile/Cellular Data:
APN - internet (PAYG - pp.vodafone.co.uk)
Username - web (PAYG - wap)
Password - web (PAYG - wap)
Visual Voicemail:
MMS:
APN - internet (PAYG - pp.vodafone.co.uk)
Username - web (PAYG - wap)
Password - web (PAYG - wap)
MMSC - http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy - 212.183.137.12:8799
MMS Max Message Size - 307200
(As a check, the image below shows blue text in the fields you should have completed)
Tap the left arrow at the top three times
Press the home button
On the status bar at the top of the screen, next to the name of your mobile network, you should now see a data connection indicator 4G, 3G, E or GPRS. This means the data connection is live and working.

Current Phone  >

Hi yes can make calls and text,I've done the above things but it now says cannot activate mobile network

BandOfBrothers

Check that no data bars have been turned On via Myvodafone and if not perhaps do soeak with Customer service

Current Phone  >

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@dingodog wrote:
Hi I've just been.given an iPhone 4 that u am using as payg but the VPN is not connected so I can't use the internet wot do I need to do to connect it please?

It could be that whoever gave you the IPad added a VPN profile which needs configuring or removing.

Is anything showing  in : General > Profile <> Configuartion Profile?

If there is anything showing in the Configuration Profile field you can delete it.

I use VPN's a lot especially when abroad and if a VPN is added it needs configuring before the Internet can be accessed.