You are here:

Ask a question:

This is a locked archive and content on this page may no longer be up to date. These posts and threads have been archived for reference only.

Topics: 208
Solutions: 413

Android 2.2 for Vodafone HTC Wildfire

[ Edited ]

Today sees the launch of the Android 2.2 Froyo update for Vodafone HTC Wildfire customers.

Below are the details of what benefits updating to (Froyo) will give along with how to perform the update.

About the Update

What benefit will this software update deliver?

This update from Android 2.1 to Android 2.2 introduces all the supported functionalities that are included in this OS update. For a full list, take a look here. 

The most notable are:

- Support for USB tethering
- Possibility of installing applications to SD card (if supported by the application)
- Native support for Activesync Exchange (email, contacts and calendar sync) and security policies
- Enhanced Camera application
- Enhanced Bluetooth support
- Speed and stability improvements
- Multiple keyboard languages
- WiFi Hotspot tethering

NOTE: "Live wallpapers" and "Flash" support in the browser (Froyo features) are not supported due to hardware limitations.

When the update is available a message will appear on the handset, follow the instructions to install system software.

You can manually check if a software upgrade is available by selecting Menu from the Home screen, tapping Settings, scrolling down the screen, tapping About Phone and then System software updates.  On this screen tap Check now.

How do I check what software version I have? 

Menu > Settings > about phone > Software Information > Software Number

For further information please visit this page: Vodafone firmware updates

Message 1 of 1 (16,321 Views)
Got a question?

Get help and technical support on Vodafone's devices, products and services from our online community

If your question relates directly to your account or mobile number please contact our customer services team.

My Vodafone

Stay in control of your spending and manage your account online.

Register for My Vodafone