Skip to content
main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Archive

HTC Legend - how can I restore to factory settings?

Highlighted
N/A
I have managed to smash my screen and cannot see anything, therefore cannot do anything. Is there any way i can delete all data before i send it off for repair?
View more options
3 REPLIES
Moderator (Retired)
Hi there Samma!

Shame to read this - I'd be gutted :(

Well, as there is no PC Suite this would be difficult, but I do know that if you're connected to an exchange for your email you'll be able to remote wipe. Other than this, I believe there are some third party apps that may off this functionality. Perhaps one of the community could advise? Don't forget that we offer a repair service, but something like a broken screen will not be covered in the warranty.

Let us know how you get on, and if you need any further help!

Daz

eForum Team

View more options
4: Newbie
You Can Reset Your Phone From The Startup (It Doesn't Delete Anything From The SD Card)

Performing a factory reset using phone buttons
If you cannot turn on your phone or access the phone settings, you can still perform a factory reset by using the buttons on the phone.

• With the phone turned off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button.
  • Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the VOLUME DOWN button.. (Wait About 3 Seconds)
  • Press VOLUME DOWN to select CLEAR STORAGE, and then press POWER. (It Get To 'Clear Storage' Press Down Twice)
  • Press VOLUME UP to start the factory reset.

Source: http://www.htc.com/u...type=1&p_id=313
View more options
N/A
Thanks for the replys, thankfully the phone was insured so i am hoping to get it all fixed good as new. I was having problems with knowing how to get the the CLEAR STORAGE, but i will try pressing down twice.
thank you
sam
View more options