Skip to content
main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Archive

htc one. crack in screen

SOLVED
View solved solution
3: Seeker Silver
Had my one for there weeks and it has a single crack in middle of screen, top to bottom. It has been in a flip case from day one and not been dropped. Anyone had
same problem. Waiting for voda repair sevice.
View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Afraid not.
View more options
6 REPLIES
16: Advanced member Gold

i have had my device in the case that came with it (pre order one) and have had no crack appear on the screen as of yet, i would imagine that a cracked screen may not be covered by your warranty..

If i have helped please feel free to click on the Thumbs Up below

View more options
Highlighted

Yes. You probably are correct. Will be interested in what the repair engineer thinks. Dont want to send it to a third party repair shop. I believe its not an easy fix.

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi mikcat,

To be honest it could have been caused by a number of things, however the bad news is that it won’t be covered under the warranty as it’s classed as physical damage.

Do you have insurance with us?

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

View more options
Afraid not.
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi mikcat,

That’s a shame. We can repair the phone for you but there’ll be a charge of £150 for it.

Alternatively, you may want to check your house insurance some policies do cover mobile phones.

Thanks,

Andrew

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

View more options
Checked my home ins and it looks like i may be covered. Of not i will come back to vodafone. Thanx Andrew. .....Mike
View more options