Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Blackberry Q10 Network Issues

swebb77
2: Seeker
I have BB Q10 which has been working fine receiving and sending emails. However over the last few months I have had a problem manifest itself. I can not send emails, but receive them fine. I can do both if connect to a wifi network. The error comes up saying can not contact my server. Vodafone intially said its a fire wall with my email provided (talktalk), i find this hard to believe as it worked perfectly fine until that point. After many hours try try and try again, I got it working (no thanks to Vodafone whose advise was change email provider). The problem has manidfested itself again, VF say its the email settings (how can this be so), i have checked based on their advice and they were as thought (correct). I believe its a network problem (you can see the icon changing). I can not make changes to email settings as the network will not communicate to do so. It cant be email settings as the corporate account, which has very specific settings is not working either. Internet works, albeit slow.... Any thoughts please/solution (free upgrade to 4g?) Someone help as this is pathetic. Can I say that VF customer services have been great, Tech support.. well jury is out Thanks Steve
5 REPLIES 5

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi swebb77, 

This is a difficult one to diagnose, it's strange that receiving works fine and the issue is only with sending. 

Drop us an email and we'll get this looked into further. 

Take a look here for how to get in touch.

Thanks, 

Kay

pitouras
Dear sweb77 I am sorry to hear that. I have the same problem in Vodafone greece but the good thing is that here they did not try to tell me that sun comes from the west....They told me that q10 and z10 have in some servers some issues and they do not know what's wrong with it...They contacted BlackBerry and they wait for rim to see what is happening...for now I use 2G only so I can send my mails out...On H,3G and 4G there is a problem

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi pitouras

Are you a Vodafone Greece customer? If so you will need to contact them for any account specific help.

Thanks

Sukhi

bby_jp

Hi,

Likewise I have a Q10 and suffered the same issue.  After repeated attemtps to resolve with Vodafone I just wanted to smash the phone and leave Vodafone.

On a business trip to Germany and suddenly all outbound email stops mid trip - both on work and personal accounts.  Vodafone's only answer was to delete my accounts and restart as it must be my email providers fault.  Really?  both email providers - a global ISP and a private enterprise system suffer the same failure at the same time.

Any request for assistance was refused.  Simply delete your accounts and start again.  Vodafone tech used to be very helpful, now not sure if they longer exist.

I have no idea what resolved the issues other than suddenly working a couple of days later.  Just wanted to share my experience to let you know you weren't the only one with this issue.

I still can't get over the total lack of support on this via the helpdesk.

pitouras
Basically the solution is smtp2go.com.....i used their smtp and all issues are gone for months now