Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New BlackBerry Z10 will not power up

Iddon
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

New BB Z10 working fine until this morning. Will not charge, red LED flashing. Any suggestions?

8 REPLIES 8

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Iddon,

Thanks for posting!

Is the phone showing a blank screen or is it switched off while plugged in with an LED flashing? Can you try hooking it up to a computer, laptop or games console to charge via USB for an hour to see if that will boot it back up while on a slower charge?

If there's no joy there and removing and replacing the battery doesn't help, I'd recommend visiting a store to arrange for a repair

Let me know the outcome either way! :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben

Blank Screen wh red LED flashing, not taking any charge from provided charger and does not open when hooked to lap-top. attery replace appears to fixed it but a little concerned that it will happen again, appears to be a common fault

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Iddon,

There's no common fault across all BlackBerry Z10's causing this, but I do appreciate your concern.

Let us know if this recurs, as it may suggest a fault causing battery failure which needs repairing.

Dave

I consistently find that my Z10 doesn't respond when plugged into charge.  I am starting to feel as if when I pull the battery out and restart it and then plug it in to charge it starts to charge.  Does anyone else notice this coincidence.  I thought I might have a faulty charge 'port' but might this be the case?  Thanks.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi MichaelRO

You may have a faulty charger, is it possible to try a different one?

If the phone is faulty I'd recommend a repair, see how to arrange this here.

Thanks

Sukhi

MysSeven
1: Seeker

Actually it is more common. I'm on my second battery. Now I'm forced to buy spares just to keep the phone.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi MysSeven

There could be a fault with the phone itself in which case, please follow the steps I’ve provided above to arrange a repair.

Thanks

Sukhi

just see this topic by chance I know I'm too late to answer this question

this problem I think Appear after you update your device software just if yes try to back to Previous version and the problem will solve I answer that now cause in present software will appeare with you again Version 10.2.1.2102