Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Z10 SMS Freezing and Crashing

lloyda04
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Model Z10 STL1000-2, Software Release 10.2.0.424, OS Version 10.2.0.1791

Having problems with SMS freezing and crashing.  Problem started since last two updates, and now more frequent since updating to above version.  Problem seems to occur when SMS incoming coincides with outgoing message, or when multiple incoming messages from same contact.

Other problems since update

- When composing new SMS, there is a significant lag (15 - 20 secs)  in displaying the SMS entry screen after selecting a contact.  Screen then paints with chat history.

- On enter new SMS message, the first character typed is displayed followed by a lag before the rest of word displayed.  Can type about 4 words before anything is shown.

- On a named chat, when selecting the contact (touch top banner on SMS screen), the contact details shown are of another contact.

Is anyone else experiencing anything similar?

Help please!

13 REPLIES 13

I've got a Q10 and haven't had any problems on it, but i do hope Vodafone hurry up with releasing the new update 10.2.1!!

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi folks,

While we don't announce firmware updates as they're going through testing, you can still find a guide as to what we do before we push them out to customers here. :Smiling:

If anyone else reading this is experiencing issues with services on their phone, I recommend using our Network Troubleshooting Guide, as this can help narrow it down between a phone, SIM or local mast issue.

Many thanks, Ben

Thanks Ben.

Great copy and paste job you're doing. We appreciate it as paying customers. :Smiling: 

Haha