10-03-2011 07:36 PM - edited 10-03-2011 07:38 PM
Okay what happens is, my phone will freeze then go white & then reboot, I'm on PAYGO without insurance but I got this phone for Christmas so hopefully there's a warranty, what should I do?
11-03-2011 10:56 AM - edited 11-03-2011 10:58 AM
It sounds like you may need to reload the software. To do so, you will need to download and install Desktop Manager and the latest firmware.
Desktop Manager 6 can be found here:
Firmware can be found here:
It is very unlikely that you will be able to do it, but if you can, use DTM6 to back up the device (go to Device, then Backup).
Now , there're two ways in which you can reload the firmware:
1) Plug handset into your PC. Wait for DTM 6 to see it, and if it diesn't inform you of a new upgrade, click on Device then Upgrade to update the device.
2) If DTM6 cannot see the device, then try this method: It is quite imposing, so if you aren't confident aout doing it, then call Voda or find a more confident user to help you.
- Go to My Computer and select the C Drive
- Go into Program Files, then Common Files, Research in Motion and finally Apploader.
- Highlight and copy the address
- Press the Windows Start button, select Run and type ‘cmd’ to open up the command prompt.
- Type cd, followed by a space, then paste in the address that you copied earlier and press enter to change directory:
- Type ‘loader /nojvm’ and press enter, to start the Application Loader Wizard:
- Plug in the blackberry and press Next. The new page will show the connection type and the PIN for the Blackberry you wish to update
- Press Next and wait for the Wizard to load up the required information.
- On the next screen you should see a list of various applicationst.
- Tick the applications that you would like on the device
- Click Next to show what will be installed. If you are happy with this, click Finish.
- Once the update has gone through, the device will reboot.
You will then need to revalidate your email accounts in email setup. and also download your apps again.
Let us know how you get on.