Support:

BlackBerry (pre 10 devices)

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
tahsin

BlackBerry Service - BBM and other services not working

[ Edited ]

My bbm finished recently there i topped up £10, i renewed my subscription which cost £5. i have not still been able to use my bbm  but i can use the internet to go on Facebook etc. Can you please help me, thank you in advance.

Message 64 of 211 (13,447 Views)
michelle mccallum

Blackberry Internet Service - Not Connected

Hi there,

Hoping someone can help me. As from this morning I've not been able to receive emails, use BBM or use the browser on my BB Storm. I've tried going into the Host Routing Table and registering but that didn't work. It may have something to do with the fact that I'm transferring to a new contract this week but it includes the Blackberry Internet Service so I don't see why it would have to disconnect at all.

Any ideas as to what the problem is? Thanks.
Message 1 of 211 (19,819 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
BenJ

Blackberry Internet Service - Not Connected

Hi michelle mccallum

Welcome to the eForum! :)

I suspect BIS maybe missing if you're experiencing these symptoms on you're phone.

so that we can help, I've sent you an email. If you could reply back I can tell you what's going on.

Thanks
BenJ
eForum Team
Message 2 of 211 (19,819 Views)
CJSilk

Re: Blackberry Internet Service - Not Connected

I am having the same issue, both my Blackberry Enterprise Server and my Blackberry Internet Service say not connected and they are part of my contract 

Please Help! 

Message 3 of 211 (19,450 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Trev

Hi CJSilk and welcome to the eForum. :smileyhappy:

I have also sent an email to yourself, to your eForum registered address. If you can complete and return this, I'll be able to assist in this matter.

Regards

Trev

eForum Team

Message 4 of 211 (19,419 Views)
FOBSKUKS

im having the same problems as well, can you help me out too please?

Message 5 of 211 (19,097 Views)
blue39ls

I'm having similar problems. No calls, email, bbm, internet all day

Message 6 of 211 (19,033 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Martin

Hi Guys

I am sorry to see that your BIS is not working for you.

I would like to suggest a few things first, as these generally fix this issue.

First of all, if you can take the SIM card out of the phone, but don't turn the phone off before you remove the battery, leave it for a few minutes, then put it back together then switch back on.

I would then request for new service books, which can be requested from the phone, Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > highlight any of the numbers, press the BlackBerry button, then register.

You should then be able to gain access as normal after this. If not please let me know what the status of the letters you get at the top of the phone, etc gprs.

Thanks

Martin

eForum Team

Message 7 of 211 (18,990 Views)
gemma87

Hi,

I've tried everything you suggested, taken my sim out, gone to advanced options and registered with a host but my phone still won't connect to the internet. It's always been fine but this week i haven't received any emails, and now i've got an iphone on upgrade so I need to back up my contacts. Without accessing the internet to get google sync I can't do anything!

Help!

I've tried switching between 3g and 2g, turning on and off etc but still no different. It just says Blackberry Internet Connection: Not Connected.

I've been sat on hold to the technical team for half an hour so hope you can help me.

Thanks

Message 8 of 211 (18,723 Views)
helenparsons555

Hi,

I´ve just got the new Blackberry torch 9800, and i´m using it abroad.  I had data included in my package.  I can use the internet, and make calls etc.. but i can´t use Blackberry messenger.  its says that the blackberry internet service  - not corrected.  does this have something to do with it?? i´ve tried adding people and people adding me.. but it just continues to say pending.....

PLease help.....

Thanks Helen

Message 9 of 211 (18,694 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hi gemma87,

I think it's time we had a look at your account!

I've just sent you an email. Please reply with the requested information and we'll be in touch.

Cheers,

Lee

eForum Team

Message 10 of 211 (18,659 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hi there helenparsons555,

Thanks for your post.

In all honesty, if you're able to access the internet on your handset, this suggests BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) is connected. Without this the handset would only be able to make calls and send texts.

Can you advise me where in the world you are right now?

Cheers,

Lee

eForum Team

Message 11 of 211 (18,658 Views)
alexwilliams188

Hi,

I previously had a BlackBerry 8900, which I managed to kill.  And my next upgrade is not due until 1st September 2011 :smileysad:

I visited my local Vodafone store and was shown the handsets I could buy which would continue to give me access to the internet/facebook/my e-mails etc but they were super expensive for a pretty basic phone (my bad for not having insurance).  At the same time my friend was no longer using her BlackBerry 9500 and has very kindly lent this to me until my upgrade is through.

It is locked to the Vodafaone network and I have transferred my sim card and started using the handset.

All is ok, excpet the BlackBerry Internet Service shows, the majority of the time, as not connected.  This means that i do not receive e-mails, facebook updates, BB Messenger msgs etc etc, but I can still connect to the browser.

I was going into Manage Connections and turning off & restoring connections, but this doesn't seem to working, neither does it to turn it off and disassemble and reassemble.

I have registered via Host Routing Table, but this is no improvement.

Are my problems due to this being an alternative handset or are there problems with my account?

Thanks, Alex

Message 12 of 211 (18,412 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
George

Hi alexwilliams188,

Firstly, a very warm welcome to the eForum Family, it's always great to see new faces on here :smileyhappy:.

It sounds like your issue may be caused by the BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) provisioning on your account. So that we can check this for you, I've sent you an email. If you reply with all the details, then we'll be in touch as soon as we can :smileyhappy:.

George

eForum Team

Message 13 of 211 (18,355 Views)
dixxy2003

i am having the same problem

Message 14 of 211 (18,293 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
George

Hi dixxy2003,

Thanks for posting. So that we can look into this for you, I've sent you an email. If you reply with all the details, then we'll be in touch as soon as we can :smileyhappy:.

George

eForum Team

Message 15 of 211 (18,228 Views)
GazC83

Heyy i just bought a blackberry bold off my friend, it was on orange but it takes my vodafone sim card.

Anyways i cant seem to connect to blackberry internet services or the enterprise server. I have tryed going in to the host routing table and pressing redgister but nothing happens. I also called 40035 put my number in then the call ended about 30 seconds later.

If anyone could help me out i would be greatfull thanks.

Message 16 of 211 (18,208 Views)
mattiedj27

im also having this problem, can only use the handset for calls and texts :smileysad: please help! thanks!!
Message 17 of 211 (18,154 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi GazC83 and mattiedj27

Thanks for your post here. So that we can look into this for you, I've sent you an email. If you reply with all the details, then we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 18 of 211 (18,117 Views)
Sara75

Hi I too have this problem. This phone was my partners contract phone but he didnt like it so he uses his old Nokia phone with the contract sim in. I am trying to use my PAYG sim in the Blackberry now.

Please help.

Sara

Message 19 of 211 (18,067 Views)