Support:

BlackBerry (pre 10 devices)

Ask a question:
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)
Tom

BlackBerry Services - Update 13/10/11

[ Edited ]

We are aware that some BlackBerry users are currently unable to access BlackBerry services, such as BlackBerry Messenger across all UK mobile networks.

We have been advised that RIM is working to resolve the issue as a matter of urgency.

Update - 13/10/11

We deeply regret the continued interruptions to BlackBerry services and we share our customers’ frustration. Our primary focus is now to ensure RIM do all they can to restore their services to all our customers as quickly as possible. For the latest updates from RIM, visit 

http://uk.blackberry.com/serviceupdate/

Message 1 of 77 (15,887 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
Paul_H

Re: BlackBerry Services

Hi

Do you have a timetable for the service to be up and running.

Just returned to my office and found important e-mails that did not reach my Blackberry.

Thanks

Message 2 of 77 (14,896 Views)
Rank 18: Instructor II
FelixDaHousecat

not a VF issue mate so you'd need to speak with RIM for timescales. My guess is they won't tell you anything...

FDH

Message 3 of 77 (14,657 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
ansellrk

We have 360 Blackberry devices and lots are being affected by this issue. As soon as you get the devices on wireless they work fine but no access over GPRS or 3G.  If you are expecting important emails I'd jump onto your home wireless or find a nearby hotspot!

Seriously though this is causing real issues for me as a Blackberry admin and some idea of resolution time would be very helpful. As vodafone is a major resource to RIM I would like to believe that they have some clout with the company? Can Vodafone get some more information about this for us?

Thanks

Rob

Message 4 of 77 (13,943 Views)
Rank 44: Oracle III
Nabs

Hi Guys,

I can only guess at how frustrating this must be for all.

In terms of getting more info i'm assuming Vodafone will be hearing just as much as we are on this issue. My best advice would be to follow @BlackBerryHelp on twitter, they seem to have given the most recent updates direct from RIM.

Find this post useful? Give it the thumbs up below!

Message 5 of 77 (13,730 Views)
ansellrk

Mine came back about 30 minutes ago... so at least we are seeing progress. :smileyhappy:

Message 6 of 77 (13,703 Views)
ansellrk

They've just updated Twitter... all services restored. We have seen 11 hours of Blackberry downtime today... not the best service but at least it is fixed now. 

Message 7 of 77 (13,701 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
mainman

Guys its gone down again...im in london and no bbm and emails! Was working fine this morning..

This is getting annoying!!

Message 8 of 77 (13,320 Views)
Louscarlet

Down again here too - I'm in Reading. Nothing on Twitter or FB for a couple of hours. Don't understand how it came back and now it's gone again?!

Message 9 of 77 (13,281 Views)
mattmobbu

I can confirm that there are problems all over the country from our clients. Not sure if it is international.

Message 10 of 77 (13,265 Views)
Paul_H

Yes down again, seems no-one has any idea what is happening, not had any reply from RIM on twiiter, guess they will not post until they solve problem

Message 11 of 77 (13,238 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
Firefliesuk

BBM hasn't worked for me since yesterday. Email was back this morning for a short while..and now nothing again.

Message 12 of 77 (13,131 Views)
DL
DL

So where's Vodafone's statement regarding the second outage - I've been sent here from Twitter, and all they're telling me is RiM were working to resolve the issue yesterday - seems they didn't do a great job. Refunds for BlackBerry customers this month?
Message 13 of 77 (12,971 Views)
ChelseaChamps10

Im soooo annoyed!!!! I dont pay £50 a month for my phone just to have a stupid basic use of a phone!!!!! GET IT SORTED BLACKBERRY!!!! OR IM GOING ELSE WHERE!!!!
Message 14 of 77 (12,858 Views)
PhilStar

It's not only Blackberry's that are affected. My Nokia E5 smartphone went spammy and I couldn't get emails or the net the other day and now it's the same again today. Really very annoying!!

Message 15 of 77 (12,734 Views)
Georgiegirl52

Same here...was ok for a bit first thing. Still nothing!!
Message 16 of 77 (12,567 Views)
gismojoe

Spoiler
iam so fed up

blackberry not workin for the 2nd day running we should be given a refund for because we are not getting what we are payin for. I'm avery unhappy customer.

Message 17 of 77 (12,103 Views)
Davidw01

I find it absolutely incomprehensible that BlackBerry users have had no service across Europe, The Middle East and Africa for more than 24 hours now!!!!!!

What on earth is going on?......How can RIM possibly retain any credibility whatsoever after all this??!?!?!?...How can they leave their millions of users without any back up?????

How will small businesses cope?

I received a text message at 18.25 suggesting that I visit Vodafone.co.uk for updates - where on earth are they - I can't find anything about this debacle except on this forum!??!?!?......Surely this sort of major problem warrants special attention?.......Guess the TV news will ave a field day tonight  - at RIM's expense|!

Yours, flabbergasted.........

DW

Message 18 of 77 (11,907 Views)
BendyPamie7

I can't even begin..............

I just got my Blackberry last week, only managed to top up and receive my Blackberry Services last weekend and NOW THIS!!!

I feel I have just spent £5 for it for NOTHING!

One of my friends said he heard it would be out for 10 DAYS!!!

I hope we get some compensation from this like!

Message 19 of 77 (11,780 Views)
yov87

Does anybody have any idea about what is happening with this at all??

Also I'd like to point out that I received the message from vodafone and check vodafone.co.uk for updates....where is there anything about it other than this forum!?!!?!?!

I am extremeley angry and this is making me consider going to a iphone. Disgusted with having to pay for this service and not receive it.

Message 20 of 77 (11,642 Views)