Support:

BlackBerry (pre 10 devices)

Ask a question:
Rank 2: First Poster
ofb1988

Blackberry 9700 app error 606 SECOND TIME - read inside - direct debit cancelled

Hi Vodafone. 

I am writing here again even though i am aware it takes an age to get a reply at times. 

I recent called your customer service to air my concers with 1 of the 5 mobiles on my contract having issues. after talking etc i was told not our issue go to shop. Asked to talk to manager, told id get a call back. never did, twice thats happened now.

Please see past topics by me for update error info. 

My phones was returned with a faulty J button but iv had no time to get it sorted, also it was returned 3 weeks after being sent away and it was damaged, then it was sent away and returned 2 weeks later. A different phone (imei diff on account) was returned to myself. 

Anyway i use the mobile for work and cant afford to be without it for a month, insureance on the phone give me a 12 year old samsung, woopee.

My phone has been turning off and on itself, software update fixed nothing as all was up to date!

Now phone number two, again a 9700, has got the app error 606. the phone is now effectivly a brick. I am not prepared for this phone and the other to be gone for 5 weeks again. If someone would contact me ill talk to them and air my concerns as, credit where its due, the online team seem to give a damn about customers. 

I hae 5 lines on my account racking up 120-300 per month. Paid by direct debit. 

I have CANCELLED this direct debit as of 9pm tonight until we can sort this out. As i say id like it done fast and fair. 

I also have one line up for renewal and an iphone has been pondered, like the other 2 lines are going towards but with past experiance i will now await and see how quick i can get help, the 3 store is opposite the Voda shop so its not a big hassle to move. 

Please reply with an indication of how soon i can expect a call. 

PS not to be cheeky or anything but anyone who is not a mod and does not have access to my details please do not post here, its nice you know vodafone in and out and have so many kudos but dont waste your time, go get a real job helping and earn money for doing so. 

Ps mods, those with account access, it may help to read my account notes for the number ending 8542 to gt a fuller picture of why i have issues with voda. 

Message 1 of 9 (2,423 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
bertyb

Re: Blackberry 9700 app error 606 SECOND TIME - read inside - direct debit cancelled

I need to be honest here, your tone in your post is not that brilliant, if you post in a public forum then others may post, get yourself a real job ! It presumes we don't have lol ! 

Message 2 of 9 (2,417 Views)
ofb1988

Re: Blackberry 9700 app error 606 SECOND TIME - read inside - direct debit cancelled

there ya go berty you cant read?

my point being ive been messed around for 5 weeks before and have got a phone thats still faulty. ive not got line 2 thats dead, app error etc.

think of it this way. i take your dog, fit and healthy for a walk and dont return for 5 weeks. when i do return your dogs missing a leg.

would you be happy?
Message 3 of 9 (2,414 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
bertyb

Heh, I can read and I respect who you wish to comment, and I also appreciate your frustrated, if you were promised call backs you should have got them, rarely should you be referred to a Vodafone store, and 5 weeks with no phones is not good. I won't comment again as I recognised by reading you didn't really want the comment, but the forum does provide a useful public debate about lots of stuff.  I don't do it for Kudos, I do have a proper job to the extent I pay my NI and PAYE !

Message 4 of 9 (2,411 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi ofb1988

Thanks for your post here. I’m sorry to hear about the problems that you have been having with your two handsets.

Just so I’m clear:

Phone 1 developed a fault with the J button and was away for 3 weeks. When it returned, it was damaged and a further 2 weeks later you received a different handset.

This is has now developed a second fault with the phone turning off?

Phone 2 is now throwing up an ‘app error’ 606 and is bricked?

If this is correct then both of the issues you have are covered by your warranty. So they’ll need to be sent away for repair. I appreciate this isn’t the answer you’re looking for but this is exactly what your warranty is designed to cover.

To find out what you need to do in order to get this sorted take a look at our Vodafone Repairs Thread. This can be found here.

I would strongly advise against the cancellation of your Direct Debit as you will still be liable for any charges on your account.

Thanks

Wayne

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 5 of 9 (2,396 Views)
ofb1988

I thought you guys could see my account, anyways.....

Line 1. Phone developed 606 error. Sent away, told 1 week, 3 weeks later it was returned, a diff phone from what I sent. Sent away again and 2 weeks later returned. J button needs a hard push to work now but I've put up with it. This same phone now cuts on and off when it wants, even mid call, which again can lose me work and money.

Phone 2 now has the 606 error.

It is all very well refunding line rental and telling me I have insurance but it effectively does nothing for me as I get a mobile to use with no internet and no emails. 2 vital parts of the smartphone I have and a vital part of my work. Thus the contract is not delivering what I signed up for.

I am looking to pursue my best interests but at the same time I'm not selfish or one for creating loads of paperwork, dragging my concerns out in the long run and tbh I simply could use the time better but if that's the option I have I will need to do it.

Also another little fact, when I first went to collect the phone after 3 weeks wait and said it had to go away again I was told, why not claim the insurance and have a new one tomorrow? Well I thought 1 this is fraud and 2 I wouldn't pay the excess etc so refused the offer to partake in some fraud.

As said in opening post I'd like to move to iphones next, maybe someone could discuss this with me? I know its been done before and also have a friend who's mobile broke twice and after complaining to the manager in braehead secured a newer model for 3 pounds more a month with no change to account period, I'd like to discuss this option also.

Please call me asap.

Thanks.
I have already discussed this with my local CAB office and they believe I have a case. I've been instructed to request all the information you hold on my account relating to me, this includes past notes I've asked to be put on the account.
Message 6 of 9 (2,389 Views)
ofb1988

to clarify the above, i am not looking for an iphone, id happily see out this contract if the phones are going to be fixed. i got a loan of an 8520 from voda which i gave back when i went to get my repaired mobile.

Can this be arranged again?

I need a phone, any phone, that operates on the internet with ease and will allow me to download attachments from my gmail messages.
Message 7 of 9 (2,384 Views)
ofb1988

its 9780 no 9700 sorry
Message 8 of 9 (2,367 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hello ofb1988,

Thanks for your post.

The eForum doesn't require any account specific information to register so we're unable to see your account unless we obtain your details.

I've sent you a PM which can be accessed here. If you could follow the instructions in the PM and send us your details one of the team will be with you as soon as they can to weigh up your options.

Cheers,

Lee

Message 9 of 9 (2,349 Views)