Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Blackberry Bold 9900 Signal Drop

funguygk
3: Seeker

Hi Forum,

Just got my new 9900 and experiencing signal drops. The Pearl/ 8900Curve/HTC I had previously had no such issues and worked like a dream. I have tried the SIM in the HTC I have and no issues seen. The signal drop happens randomly and no issues seen on the Nokia at use during the same time connected to Voda.

Is this a firmware issue? Can somebody please advice?

Thanks

G

8 REPLIES 8

funguygk

can anyone from voda advice me on this please?

thanks

I think it is just the 9900, I had my 9900 replaced by Vodafone for that issue - amongst others but still suffer the signal drop.
At least it does not drop my calls anymore like the old handset did.

Hi funguygk

This does sound like it is an issue with your handset.

If you are still within the 7 days of having the phone then this can get replaced. Outside of that I would recommend sending the phone away for repair.

Martin

Thanks Martin. The phone was received on the 22nd September and haven't used it much. Can't this be swapped around please? What will the repair constitute? Since its a fudamental issue with the device, I would rather be comfortable getting an exchange with a more recent device with an updated firmware, please.

Appreciate your help

Rgds

G

There are no known general issues of this on the BlackBerry 9900, so the issue is likely to be solely with your device.

If the device were to be exchanged the only option is to exchange with the same model again, once the initial 7 day period has expired.

If you’d like me to assist in this matter then please reply back to the email I’ve sent to you.

Regards

Trev

Looking at various forums it does seem to be quite a common issue and is driving me mad. I am on my second handset and have updated the firmware but the signal drops out too frequently. If I put my sim back in my Curve 9300 I do not have a signal problem so it is either the general hardware design or a firmware issue that need to be recified. I have always bought Blackberries as the one thing you could count on is a good signal but I am very disappointed with this latest mode". Apart from the signal its a good phone but I need to be contactable 24/7 and this just doesn't fit the bill at the moment. I suggest Vodafone talk to Blackberry about a suitable OS update that will rectify the problem.

yeah bro its really common did you come up with any solutions to that problem?i am running os 7.1 bundle 2061 on my bold 9900

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@rajawahab529 

Please ensure you have the latest software for your phone.

On the link there's also loads of great hints and tips too get the most from your phone.

DaveCD