Support:

BlackBerry (pre 10 devices)

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
Jessb261

Blackberry wifi connectivity

Hi,

My blackberry says it is connected to my wifi network but when I try and connect to the Internet with data services switched off it comes up with a message saying that a communication failure has occurred. Does this mean that it is actually using my data allowance rather than the wif when I am using BIS. As I am on a limited data plan I want to be using the wifi connection when I am at home.

This was also a problem abroad when my data roaming was switched off I could not connect to the InternetI even though I was supposedly connected to the wifi. Why is it telling me it is connected to my wifi network but not using it?

My friend also had a blackberry and her's was connecting via wifi when hedata roaming was switched off.

How can I fix this?thanks x

Message 1 of 2 (2,252 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Re: Blackberry wifi connectivity

Hi Jessb261

Thank you for your post and a very warm welcome to the eForum.:smileyhappy:

It sounds as though the settings have been amended for the device and to update these the service books need to be updated.

Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Highlight any of the numbers > press the BlackBerry Button then register

We also have some great step by step guides to help you get the most from your device on our Help Centre, all you need to do is select the make and model of your device.

Let me know how you get on.

Many Thanks

DaveCD
eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 2 of 2 (2,217 Views)