Support:

BlackBerry (pre 10 devices)

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
kickiedee
Accepted Solution

Email Account Setup - Enterprise account?

Hi!

I've recently joined the blackberry revolution and trying to learn the ropes! Im stuck already. My phone is the BB Curve 9300.I have got Blackberry Internet services as i purchased this for five pounds on payg. I then needed to set up my email in order to get going. I went to setup and email accounts and in order to activate my account, i need to enter my Enterprise Account details.....

Therein lies the problem. What is that? Who is this system administrator? What's the username and password? As you can tell, im clueless. I have a feeling it might be to do with those with work emails, but what if i don't want to set up my work emails, how do i change this?

Seems i can't set up anything else (facebook, mms, bbm etc) without first going past this hurdle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Kickie x

Message 1 of 6 (9,201 Views)
Rank 16: Guide V
SatanicBuddha

Re: Email Account Setup - Enterprise account?

Hello kickiedee,

Welcome to BB!

Definitely sounds like something is up. Enterprise Account relates to work emails and having your work control your BlackBerry (known as BES). I am assuming that you wish to use a personal email account and your line is set up for BIS, however as yet your BB doesn't recognise that this is so.

Couple of things you can do:

1. Make sure your signal indicator (top right of the BB screen) shows either GPRS, EDGE or 3G in capital letters (the capital letters is important as it indicates you have a data connection, essential for any internet functions on BB)

2. If you have this, then go into Options, then Device. Scroll down to Advanced System Settings, select then go down to Host Routing Table. Once in there, press the BB menu button (its just to the left of the trackpad) and select Register Now. All being well, you should get an email from BlackBerry in your messages folder saying that you have succesfully registered your handset.

If all goes as above, go back into the email setup and you should see Internet Mail Account. You can now add in your email account details. If not, try a hard reset (battery out & SIM while handset is still switched on, put it back together after a minute, then boot up and try again).

If however you don't get the data connection, then you will need to call Vodafone and specifically ask them to check that BIS has been added to your line.

Hope that helps. Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Message 2 of 6 (9,180 Views)
kickiedee

Awesome! It worked! Thank you so so so much!

Commendations for your simple and straightforward instructions!!

Cheers me dears!

Kickie x

Message 3 of 6 (9,174 Views)
SatanicBuddha

Dear kickiedee,

Thanks for the update. Ain't no thing, glad to hear it worked.

A couple of wee tips:

1. use BlackBerry Desktop Manager. You can sync your Outlook contacts with it as well as create back ups.

2. Alternatively, some email accounts allow syncing of contacts (gmail for example)

3. If you don't use Desktop Manager, you can still create a back up using the app BlackBerry Protect. Just download from the BlackBerry App world.

Have fun

Message 4 of 6 (9,164 Views)
kayejane

hi,but what if in my upper right corner it is GSM only?what does it mean.how can i obtain my activatio password.what are the other options so that i can set up my email.tnx and more power.

Message 5 of 6 (8,725 Views)
SatanicBuddha

Dear kayejane,

If you handset is only showing GSM, then you don't have a data connection. This could be due to either:

1. Dodgy signal in the area. Is this happening no matter where you are? If so, then it is unlikely to be the signal but more likely to be

2. Your line has not been set up for BlackBerry. To get this sorted, you'll need to call Vodafone and ask them to see if BIS is set up on your line. If not, then they need to add it. Check if the contract you signed included the BlackBerry package, if so, then it shouldn't be a problem for them to add. If not, then you may need to pay for it as an extra (I think its £5 a month, but not 100% sure).

Once they confirm that your line has BIS, do a hard reset (with the handset switched on, take battery out for a couple of minutes, then replace it). The signal will need to be as I stated earlier in the forum thread. Once it is, register the handset as I described.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Message 6 of 6 (8,719 Views)