Support:

BlackBerry (pre 10 devices)

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
RittaKaye

No Blackberry username and Password

I set up about 5 email accounts on my blackberry when I first got it (Over a year ago now). 

I stopped using my vodafone sim for a while and today when I used it again it told me that my emails are no longer synchronized.

I followed the instructions and went to the Setup and selected email accounts. Now, from my memory, in the past it would have taken me straight to a screen that gives me the option to select between "Internet Mail Acc" or "Enterprise Acc" and then to proceed to specific email account set ups.

What Im getting now is a log in page that says "exiting user". I thought this might be my BB ID and password but it isn't. Tried entering email addresses but I get a message saying I need to enter valid characters.

Apparently I need to set up an email set up account so I went online (vodafone.blackbery.com) and i get a message saying I have to do this on my phone but obviously I can't because my phone only gives me the option to log in to access my email setting!!

How can I get my username and password because I'm 100% positive that I set up no such account.

Message 1 of 5 (1,965 Views)
Rank 45: Oracle IV
jeffkinn

Re: No Blackberry username and Password

Hi Ritta and welcome to the forum. This is the website you need to go to to control your Vodafone Blackberry email accounts. http://www.mobileemail.vodafone.net/ See if you can use this to re-activate your email syncs.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Message 2 of 5 (1,962 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
RittaKaye

I tried that.

Dont have an account so picking the creat account option tells me I can't do it on browser on the computer (Even though I used my phone) I have to use email setup application on my mobile to create an account and of course, this option does not exist for me.

Also tried choosing the "forgot password". Then it gives me the option of either entering my username (which I don't have) or pin. Entered the pin and received a message that confirmed that I have no such account. The message said:

"You asked to have your password sent to your device. User name and password don't exist. Please use your device to access Blackberry Internet Service"

Just going around in circles:smileyfrustrated:

Message 3 of 5 (1,959 Views)
Rank 45: Oracle IV
jeffkinn

If you were getting emails to a Blackberry on the Vodafone service you must have an account unless you were using Exchange and getting company emails. If you were getting personal emails you need to speak to customer services and ask them for your user name and password.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Message 4 of 5 (1,957 Views)
Tech Team
Simon

Hi RittaKaye

Thanks for your post. It seems a little bizarre that there is physically no option to set up a new e-mail account or access your existing one. We'll be able to locate the old account and get this sorted for you so I've sent a private message with details of how to contact us directly.

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks

Simon

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 5 of 5 (1,914 Views)