Support:

BlackBerry (pre 10 devices)

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
earithp

Only Receiving Partial Sms Text Messages ?

Over the last week or so, I have on occasion only received partial SMS text messages from a few people. The message is received and when I browse it, it ends half way through a sentence and the the text contains "", as if it is still actually retrieving the rest of the message. It never does receive the rest of the text though. This has happened with texts from 3 different people, all on different networks and all of whom swear they sent complete text messages.

It isn't happening all the time, but, it is very frustrating ! Apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere, but, I'm new to the forum and am a bit bewildered by where to start to be honest !

Any help/suggestions gratefully received.

Cheers

Pat
Message 1 of 2 (3,204 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Adam_V

Only Receiving Partial Sms Text Messages ?

Hey Jay-pea,

Welcome to the eForum :D
This isn't a common problem but it is a known one and the good news is it doesn't appear to be a fault with your Storm. When someone sends a large text message they get sent seperately across the network and the phone glues them together. It sounds to me that your SIM card isn't up-to-date on the network so here are a couple things for you to try:

First try running a manual roam, this will log your phone back onto the network.

• Press the BlackBerry menu button
  • Press Options
  • Press Mobile Network
  • Press the drop-down arrow next to Network Selection Mode
  • Press Manual
  • Select a network that isn't Vodafone UK, you will briefly have limited service
  • Then select Vodafone UK from the list afterwards.

If you're having the same problem after running a manual roam try hard resetting the phone.

• With the phone switched on take off the battery cover, battery and SIM card
  • Replace the battery and battery cover without the SIM
  • Switch the phone on
  • Once it's booted up turn off the conventional way and reinsert the SIM card.

Let me know how you get on with this. If you need any further assistance please feel free to drop us a post or check out our dedicated BlackBerry Storm Help Centre.

Should you wish to provide any feedback on how I have addressed your query for you, then we have a short form to enable you to do that. It just takes a few minutes and any comments are appreciated.

Adam
eForum Team.
Want to give me some feedback? Yes
Message 2 of 2 (3,204 Views)