Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Yahoo Messenger - Cannot connect to server Error

JMCroft68
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hope some one here can throw some light on this.

As yahoo say its a Blackberry problem and Blackberry say its a phone network problem!

Since Friday been unable to use yahoo messenger on my phone.  I get error message of Cannot connect to server.

I have un-installed the app and re-installed it.

Re-registered phone on network

Resent service books

Done a battery pull

Using the internet on the phone I can sign into yahoo mobile.

On pc I can access yahoo messenger fine.  So for some reason the app is not talking to the server.

Tried with network turned off and just through the wi-fi with no luck.

Bold 9900. os7.1

9 REPLIES 9

Nabs
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi JMCroft68,

If the messenger app wont work on WiFi then I would suspect there is a problem with the messenger service.

Are you able to dign into Yahoo messenger application on your PC? 

Nabs

Yes on my pc I can sign in and use yahoo messenger on there. On the blackberry support forum where I posted about the problem before I posted here. Two other vodafone users have also reported that yahoo messenger stopped working on their phones on Friday.

Hi JMCroft68, 

It sounds like a problem with the app as you can still access your email on a PC.

It could be that Yahoo have changed some of the security settings which has disabled your access from the app

Paul 

If that is the case can someone from Vodafone please raise this with Blackberry as the app in made by them. As when I tried Blackberry they said contact network provider. Just don't fancy going around and around in circles.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi JMCroft68,

Thanks for getting back to us.

As Paul said above, as this is affecting other people using the same app it appears that the fault is with the app itself.

We don’t have any control over third party apps and so you will need to report a fault via the app directly.

Many thanks,

Jenny 

The Yahoo Messenger app for the blackberry is made by Blackberry so is not a 3rd party app.

I have contacted Blackberry and they advised that I get my wireless network provider to escalate this to Blackberry.

In this case my my wireless network provider is Vodafone UK.  So again please will someone from Vodafone raise this problem to Blackberry so it can be resolved.

Hi JMCroft68,

Sure we can.

I've sent you a PM which can be accessed here. If you could follow the instructions in the PM and send us your details one of the team will be in touch.

Cheers,

LeeH

mcnamee19
1: Seeker
This appears to be happening again. Can Vodafone please raise this with Blackberry, and advise them to fix this so that it doesnkt happen again?

Thanks

Hi mcnamee19,

Try uninstalling the app and then downloading the latest version from BlackBerry App World.

Also, make sure the phone is up to date on the network.

You can see how to do this here.

If this doesn’t help, you can feed back any issues via the app itself or App World.

Cheers,

Andy