Support:

BlackBerry (pre 10 devices)

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
halfpint

bb bold 900 keeps freezing

only got this phone in feb and since then it keeps freezing a few times a day to the extent i have to remove the battery to get phone working again, thinking getting a blackberry was a bad idea and should of got a different phone, if the phone is faulty is there anyway i could change it for a different phone as i cant be doing with this for 2 years

Message 1 of 3 (4,697 Views)
Tech Team
Dave

Re: bb bold 900 keeps freezing

Hi halfpint,

The exchange period for faulty handsets is seven working days. As you say you got the handset in February, this would now have passed.

Once this period has ended, however we do offer a warranty repair for handsets. You can see the details on how to arrange this here, and if you have Vodafone Insurance and arrange the repair in-store, then you'll be able to arrange a courtesy handset whilst yours is away.

Dave

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 2 of 3 (4,680 Views)
Rank 18: Instructor II
pau1j

Re: bb bold 900 keeps freezing

At the time the problem started had you recently installed/uninstalled any application?  (Possible software conflict?)

There may be some part of the BB software that's missing/corrupted ... which would be a reinstall of the OS.  Or it could be a third-party app that's corrupted or conflciting.

(Third-Party apps can be discounted if you start the phone in Safe-Mode)

To start-up a BlackBerry® 7 to 7.1 device in Safe Mode complete the following steps:

1. Remove and reinsert the BlackBerry smartphone battery.
  2. Once the loading bar is displayed on the screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, press and hold the Escape key until you hear beeping or the loading bar completes then release the Escape key.
  3. When the Smartphone boots up the Safe Mode disclaimer listed below appears, click OK to dismiss the disclaimer.

Safe Mode Disclaimer message:

"Your device is currently in Safe Mode. Your device starts in Safe Mode if you hold the Escape key during startup. To remain in Safe Mode, click OK. To exit Safe Mode, click Reset."

NOTE: To turn off safe mode, remove and reinsert the BlackBerry smartphone battery. Safe mode enabled status is indicated by a safe mode indicator in the BlackBerry smartphone status section of the Home screen.

Hope this gives you something to work with.

Message 3 of 3 (4,663 Views)